Old 10-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #1

Wink Great Service

Just got the motorhome back from Recreational Specialties (Elkhart IN.) where we had taken it for some warranty work. They had completed all of the items on our "to do" list and found a few others needing attention. The work was done on time and professionally. (They take care of Forest River's warranty issues that aren't so big as to need the actual factory treatment.)

We had an issue with the large slide out catching on the woodwork on the inside. Because of their proximity to and relationship with the factory (just around the corner and down the street), they were able to call in factory personnel to advise on the best route to take to affect the repair.

While the unit was there they replaced the entry steps, fixed a scratch in the bathroom door woodwork, reattached some wood trim in the bathroom, tightened the microwave so it doesn't rattle, addressed the navigator's rattling window, adjusted the shade on the passenger side...

Just letting others know we received great service!

Old 10-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #2

Good to know, Jim! Nice to see positive comments and reviews here - we often forget to praise as well as complain!

Regarding the rattling microwave - was it rattling because it was mounted loosely, or was it something internal? Ours is solidly mounted, but has an aggravating rattle coming from within that we'd like to try to remedy.

Appreciate your report.

Mike

Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #3

The microwave is a residential model Microwave / convection oven that Forest River installed. It was rattling within it mounts. No danger of falling out, just wiggle enough to squeak and drive the wife nuts. Previously they had tightened up the mounting screws, and that worked for a few months. This time they took it out and placed a styrofoam spacer and reinstalled. The rationale was there would be something to absorb the little vibrations and bumps going down the road. Not likely a permanent fix, but it should last longer then previous attempt. We narrowed the issue down by having my wife lean on the unit as we went down the road. She leaned, it stopped. She let go, it started again.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #4

Sounds very similar to ours. When my wife pushes up in the center underneath the microwave, it quits. Ours is a Frigidaire....in a 2014 GT 351.

We also have an annoying squeak in the entrance door that quits when my wife pulls on the door. I plan to lubricate all metal-to-metal contact points to try to quiet the door.

-Mike
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #5

I went to see Ron also this summer to replace my terrible Lippert step with a Kwikee. Ron and his team did a great job. They did it very quickly and a great job. I'm going back for more warranty work in a week. I'll never go to a dealer service again.