Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2016, 09:10 AM   #1

GT 328 Map Light Blinking and Off

So we are camping at St.Joe's Peninsula in Florida. A pretty good storm came through early this morning. During the storm the driver's side map light began flashing on and off all by itself.

It's been flashing on and off now for about 3 hours, When I use the dash switch to turn the map lights on the passenger map light comes on and the driver's turns off. When I turn the switch off the passenger map light goes off and the driver's map light begins blinking again.

Any ideas of suggestions on fixing the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rkulbok
(Ron & Karin)
2015 Georgetown 328TS
Full time since October 2015
rkulbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:45 PM   #2
New:

Did you ever figure out why?
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:16 PM   #3

The map light stopped blinking shortly after my post and the lights are working correctly now. I have no idea as to the cause other then we did have a lot of lighting during the storm. That is the only thing I can think may have caused the issue.

From the lack of responses to my post it does not appear anyone else has experienced a similar issue.

I see that you have a 328 as well. I hope you are enjoying yours as much as we enjoy our's and thanks for the follow up.

rkulbok
(Ron & Karin)
2015 Georgetown 328TS
Old 01-28-2016, 08:47 PM   #4

We have a Georgetown 328TS as well. Took delivery this past August. Curious if I may ask. We developed a noise in ours which I believe is coming from the steering linkages.

On our way to Myrtle Beach (from PA) we stopped to get gas. As I was pulling into the gas station slowing, when turning the steering wheel to the left I hear a clunk/thump coming from the suspension. I can feel it in the steering wheel and it feels like the coach ever so slightly shifts. It was not a one time thing, it continues to happen.

I've checked the suspension for the obvious with no luck. Curious if you guys have experienced or heard of such a thing.

Thanks...
2018 Coachmen Chaparral 338 TSIK
2016 (Seasonal Site) Chariot Park Model
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:50 AM   #5

Sorry to say (no, actually glad to say) I have not experienced anything like this. My only suggestion would be to have the front end hacked out by a repair facility.

rkulbok
(Ron & Karin)
2015 Georgetown 328TS
Old 01-29-2016, 09:07 AM   #6
New:

First I have to say I love my 328ts. I have had mine since March 1st of last year. Put almost 6000 miles on it. Most every issue I had was cosmetic.
Enjoy being in it and spending time on the road again! My last Camper I barely used. To much work for short trips.
I went with the RV refrig because I am mostly a long weekender.
It is nice to go to storage a day before, turn on the batteries, turn the fridge on gas and do a quick safety check and the next day, bring it home, through my stuff in hook up my toad and take off.
Do you have any tips or mods you did to make it even better?
I bought the washer dryer and just waiting to install it. I am going to test it at home first. LOL make sure it works and shipping didn't break anything.

As for: Jmsx2
I have not had any issue like that! I would take it to Ford and have them check it out. Could be a broken spring or something of that sort.
Good Luck!!! Keep us posted!

Happy Camping!
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by compman69 View Post
First I have to say I love my 328ts. I have had mine since March 1st of last year. Put almost 6000 miles on it. Most every issue I had was cosmetic.
Enjoy being in it and spending time on the road again! My last Camper I barely used. To much work for short trips.
I went with the RV refrig because I am mostly a long weekender.
It is nice to go to storage a day before, turn on the batteries, turn the fridge on gas and do a quick safety check and the next day, bring it home, through my stuff in hook up my toad and take off.
Do you have any tips or mods you did to make it even better?
I bought the washer dryer and just waiting to install it. I am going to test it at home first. LOL make sure it works and shipping didn't break anything.

As for: Jmsx2
I have not had any issue like that! I would take it to Ford and have them check it out. Could be a broken spring or something of that sort.
Good Luck!!! Keep us posted!

Happy Camping!
My wife loves the residential fridge and it works out really great when we take our trips to Myrtle Beach or Put-In-Bay! Our plans are to become snowbirds when we retire which is still a few years off.

You'll have to let us know how the install goes with the washer and dryer. We plan on doing the same thing, just not sure if we should go with the the ventless or vented.

Yes, I think when we get her our of storage we'll take her to the Ford Dealer to get the front end looked at while it's still under warranty..

Thanks and enjoy your coach!
2018 Coachmen Chaparral 338 TSIK
2016 (Seasonal Site) Chariot Park Model
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:02 PM   #8

We too have a 328ts got it last match, not as many miles as others, we mostly take short weekend trips. I still work.

we have a residential fridge, wife loves it.

We have a combo W/D, direct vent. It cuts down on the clothes we take, and if we need to we can clean things vs a laundry mat.

I did mod where I put in a central vac. DW loves it. I posted pics on the forum.
happywhencamping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light