Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #1

GT 351 Black Tank Removal

MH is currently at the the dealer for a list of warranty work, mainly small items. One more serious item is that when using the black tank flush water is pouring off the back of the tank into the well with the water connections as well as the front in the bay with the water heater. The dealer is telling me they will have to take out the residential fridge, stove, propane heater and water heater to get to the lines on top of the tank to repair it.
I can't believe there isn't a better way to get to the top of that tank for repair work.
Has anyone had the water lines on the black tank repaired or had to have that black tank lowered? I believe they are full of BS but wanted to do some research before I tell them so. For the time being I have told them not to repair it until I get back with them.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #2

There's another thread recently on here about this. Pictures were posted from the guys dealer who repaired his broken black tank flush. He mentioned they pulled the cover shroud of wh to access it. Connection is on side of tank above wh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-04-2014, 05:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABoy View Post
There's another thread recently on here about this. Pictures were posted from the guys dealer who repaired his broken black tank flush. He mentioned they pulled the cover shroud of wh to access it. Connection is on side of tank above wh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Thank you. I went back and re-read that post. I had not seen his response with the pic. Although his was on an XL chassis I hope mine is the same as I really do not want them removing all the appliances to fix it. It has taken nine months just to fix one of the lights above the couch correctly.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:21 AM   #4

CJD,

Although Chill960 and I have XL's (350 & 352) that had the problem I am pretty sure the process of fixing it is the same on the GT. The dealership should be able to access the Black tank by removing the Hot Water heater shroud. since the tube is on that side of the BT. They all have the same 41g Black Tank.
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
MH is currently at the the dealer for a list of warranty work, mainly small items. One more serious item is that when using the black tank flush water is pouring off the back of the tank into the well with the water connections as well as the front in the bay with the water heater. The dealer is telling me they will have to take out the residential fridge, stove, propane heater and water heater to get to the lines on top of the tank to repair it.
I can't believe there isn't a better way to get to the top of that tank for repair work.
Has anyone had the water lines on the black tank repaired or had to have that black tank lowered? I believe they are full of BS but wanted to do some research before I tell them so. For the time being I have told them not to repair it until I get back with them.
If it's leaking where the nozzle attaches to the black tank sidewall, there should be no need to remove the black tank! I call BS!
chill960 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank