Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #1

GT378 Propane/CO Dector Alarm Problem

Our GT378 has a Safe-T-Alert Combination CO & Propane Alarm. Its located just above the stairwell & the battery compartment. We are experiencing alarms every few days and after having the coach check of propane leaks have been assured that there is not propane leak in the coach. Either the dector is bad or the battery compartment is not sealed propery and when charging are giving off gases that set is off. The voltage has also been checked and no problem there. Anyone have any thoughts? Since we live in this thing, its getting annoying! Just another piece of info, the boys up in FR's Warranty Office have been little or no help.
betndavrv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #2
Pete

Had the same issue one time while driving down the highway. Alarm went off 3-4 times. It finally quit after resetting it each time.

Took into dealer to have checked. They said the same thing - they couldn't find anything wrong.

They did mention, however, that aerosol cans such as deoderant, air freshener, Pam, etc. would set the alarm off if injested into the sensor. I guess the air circulation could pull the aerosol spray down to the sensor. Go Figure?
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gartonhl View Post
They did mention, however, that aerosol cans such as deoderant, air freshener, Pam, etc. would set the alarm off if injested into the sensor. I guess the air circulation could pull the aerosol spray down to the sensor. Go Figure?
Our sensor has gone off for no good reason - while going down the road with lots of ventilation in a rural area. We don't have any aerosol cans aboard - I have a little one with lung issues so I avoid most all of that stuff. Not the reason in our case and yes after re-setting it 5 or 6 times it stopped alarming.
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote

« 378TS Bed | parts »