Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2014, 12:08 AM   #1

Happy Thanksgiving all my Georgetown Friends

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Georgetown Friends.
We are having a terrible day in Phoenix Arizona.
Here is the weather prediction for Turkey Day.

Have a great day!
Iggy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	66880  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:34 AM   #2

Thank you Iggy.
Sunny and 55 here in Charleston SC today.
Happy Thanksgiving All!

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #3

Daylight and 29 degrees in Michigan. Happy Thanksgiving day to all.
gmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #4

It's a great day here in central Florida. Its sunny and 68 degrees. Everybody have a great Thanksgiving.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 001.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	370.6 KB
ID:	66890  
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:26 PM   #5

Happy turkey day everyone. Woke up to a temp of 41. Its a great family day.
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #6

Snowing here in north GA mountains!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 11-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
Senior Member - Retired

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Forecast is 84 degrees here in Orange County California today and 81 degrees tomorrow. Turkey, football and four generations of family at our house today and then taking our boat towards Catalina Island tomorrow for a day of deep sea fishing. Retired life is great!

At times like these I often reflect on a letter written, believe it or not, by comedian George Carlin, following the death of his wife early in 2008. George died in July of 2008.

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete...

Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, 'I love you' to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.

Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #8

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone
frank
borba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #9

Beautiful sunny 80 degrees in Nashville today. Not!
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:36 PM   #10

The weather is cool but pleasant here but my stomach is about to explode! Happy TG to all.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #11
Wildland Firefighter

Thank you.

Well Happy Thanksgiving to you too Iggy. It's 67 here in Concord Calif. Just right. Winter weather is cold so we can see all the people with warm hearts. And when it's a tad bit warmer like in AZ, those peoples hearts are that much warmer still. Especially yours Iggy. You reply to most every post I see including mine and we all appreciate it tremendously. I think you make all of us GT owners have a better holiday just by helping us fix our Forestriver woes. THANK YOU.
Gordon and Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon and Dawn View Post
Well Happy Thanksgiving to you too Iggy. It's 67 here in Concord Calif. Just right. Winter weather is cold so we can see all the people with warm hearts. And when it's a tad bit warmer like in AZ, those peoples hearts are that much warmer still. Especially yours Iggy. You reply to most every post I see including mine and we all appreciate it tremendously. I think you make all of us GT owners have a better holiday just by helping us fix our Forestriver woes. THANK YOU.
WOW. I'm humbled by your remarks. You are very welcome.
I wish you and your family a great holiday season.
John
Old 12-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Could not have said it better, so Iggy I'll just say ditto to above.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #14

I think Iggy should be on FR's payroll. His posts have helped me out more than my dealer or FR.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
I think Iggy should be on FR's payroll. His posts have helped me out more than my dealer or FR.
Thanks but no I don't work at all.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	emoticon-blushing.png
Views:	117
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	67023  
Old 12-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #16
Fireman

Send a message via AIM to dutch
Happy Thanksgiving to you Iggy a little late and the temp was 38 here
US Air Force Retire SMS
dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #17

Quote:
I lived in Concord for 10 years on 995 Court Ln. worked for the city under the CEDA program in the 70's before moving to Martinez. Small world after all.....:signhavefun

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Georgetown Friends.
We are having a terrible day in Phoenix Arizona.
Here is the weather prediction for Turkey Day.

Have a great day!
Iggy
What about the rest of your friends, you have a lot that do not own Geo. Towns. But I really hope you had a great one Iggy, just having a little fun with you.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown