Old 06-30-2010, 05:57 AM   #1
Has anyone ever relocated an AC output vent?

I am considering moving the AC vent from the ceiling of the bathroom in my Georgetown 357QS to the hallway outside the bunks. The reason for this is there is no ac vent in that hallway and the kids get hot in the bunks when both doors are closed. I have also tried leaving the bathroom door open to get them some ac, but then it is in the way of the hallway.

Has anyone ever done this?

Is it a bad idea?

EricBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:36 AM   #2
I dont know about your RV but in my camper duct work is only a carved out place in the ceiling insulation which is styro foam so if yours is like that you may need only to find the groove and add a vent Usually in a straight line with the other vents You may be able to feel different in temperture in the ceiling with AC running someone once said to use a instant read thermometer to test different temps in ceiling then you would know where your duct is

2008 8296SS Rockwood Signature Ultralite
2002 Silverado 2500HD extended cab
chevy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:43 AM   #3

If you have two ac units; I noticed that the rear ac has more air flow to the bedroom and the bathroom than the front ac. Probably because of the distance it has to travel. Also the bathroom being so small doesn't need as much air to cool it as the rest of the coach. If switching to the rear ac works it will save you the trouble of adding another vent.
Crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
Maybe you could add a vent.
Should be pretty close to the same set-up.
John (midnightpumpkin) added extra AC vents in his travel trailer

You could most likely find something to cover the AC vent in the bathmoon.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote