Old 06-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #11

Hi copsuno Mine flew open too after I lost crip on Door Handel even on a regular day it fleys open fast i think the pneumatic rod is too strong pulling back plus I dont like door open halve way door travel too short, it will be my next projet.
George the red baron
2012 280 DS
Towing 2002 Satuen LW200
Stay save ENJOY LIFE

Old 07-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #12

Glad others feel the seat slants to one side. I thought my butt was out of alignment!

PaulK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoulwv View Post
I felt that my driver's seat leaned to the right also. I fixed it by placing a few washers on the bolts between the seat frame and the floor where it attaches.
I find the overall comfort of the seat to be pretty good. The cheap vinyl covering sucks, but other than that, it's ok.
I am having the same problem, drivers seat leans to the right. When you put the washers on, did you have to do it from under the coach? I pulled the carpet away from the seat base and there are caps covering the bolts How did you do it, please, I am unable to get under the coach.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #14

I have found the front seats to be very comfortable but then I do have a bit of extra padding in that area, my problem is the faux leather covering is disintergrating and I would like to replace the seat covers on both front seats, can anyone tell me if I can get new covers from the manufacturer and if so their web address or is it only availiable from FR.

John D
Old 07-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #15

I have the same problem. The seats dont breath so when i added a ventilated seat cover it also solved the angle problem.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #16

My 2000 Georgetown had the "Leatherish" seats with microfiber seating, and it was probably the most comfortable RV seat I ever sat in.

The 2005 has all "Pleather", or whatever it is called, and I feel like I need to stand up every hour or so to let my butt breathe! (NOT that way!)

I'm going to hunt for some of those beaded thingies to see if they help.

Do they "Bunch Up", or do they behave pretty well?

Where's the best place to find 'em?

I'm going to look around right now, but would enjoy recommendations.

Moochas in advance!

Fred
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #17

seat leans to right

this has been bugging me for a while.so i looked under drivers seat today and i see 4 bolts on the left and 4 on the right.i guess ill loosen left side a lot then right side to put washers under it.Jesus cant forest river get this right,of all the rv Ive owned this has been never a problem.how many washers do you guys use??????????? Pete aultom
Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #18

We have 4 bolts holding the seat to the pedestal. We took all four bolts out and put two washers on the bolts on the right, put all the bolts back and now it is level. I agree it seems as though this would be a quality control issue. It took a 1/2" open end wrench to remove the bolts. We had to remove the four bolts to be able to tilt the seat up and put the washers in. Works fine now.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #19

seat leans to right

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsurvivor View Post
We have 4 bolts holding the seat to the pedestal. We took all four bolts out and put two washers on the bolts on the right, put all the bolts back and now it is level. I agree it seems as though this would be a quality control issue. It took a 1/2" open end wrench to remove the bolts. We had to remove the four bolts to be able to tilt the seat up and put the washers in. Works fine now.
thanks i will look at this closer.only 4 bolts its a done deal
Old 07-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #20

Seat not right - among other things

I too just returned from a trip from Florida to Virginia and back and thought the drivers seat leaned to the right as well. I'll try the washers to see if that helps. I have a 2012 Georgetown VE 351DS (36' bunkhouse model). The problem I had was I stepped on the stairs leaving the coach before it was fully engaged and now it retracts but not like before. It makes a loud noise as it tries to close at the very end of the closing cycle. I think I must have knocked the alignment off so the sensor does not fully seat to show the stairs are up. I looked but didn't see anything readily evident. BTW, I'm not impressed with the quality of the coach now that I've been on a couple of trips with it. Forest River does not have a QC department to verify quality before shipping evidently. The coaxial cable for the TV was not even connected to the termination block for cable TV hookup, trailer hookup electrical plug for the TOAD is the lowest point on the coach (crushed on the first gas stop) and Forest River said not their problem, etc.