Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2015, 03:02 PM   #1

HD 2015 GeorgeTown xl 378Ts

1.Has anyone successful setup Direct TV HD DVR in this Model
2. Does anyone know where the coax cable splitters are located.
3. New Direct TV receivers require HDMI output to the TV! Has anyone found a way to run the cable or use wireless HDMI.

Thanks in Advance
catellier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:51 PM   #2

There have been a lot of discussions on this issue. You might want to do a search and find one of them.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:59 PM   #3

I have a 2015 and the coax cable splitters are located on the passenger cabinet behind that little wite box but check them all because on mine forest river did not connect all of them I install a satellite have to do all new installation nothing work the way the do it hope these helps
ps. all HDMI did not install wireless HDMI
borba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:44 PM   #4

How did they run the hdmi cable? If you don't mind what did it cost you to make the change

Thanks for informatiom
catellier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:14 PM   #5

Since HDMI cables weren't installed by the factory, the simple solution is to use an SD Direct TV receiver, coax in/out. You can purchase from Direct TV for $69.
2014 Harley Davidson Tri-Glide
Will Parish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:02 PM   #6

I used a wireless HDMI transmitter/receivers in my 378. It was easy setup for all three TVs.
It all depends on where you want to place the directv receiver and if you are using a SWM or slimeline antenna

Old 05-19-2015, 10:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
I used a wireless HDMI transmitter/receivers in my 378. It was easy setup for all three TVs.
It all depends on where you want to place the directv receiver and if you are using a SWM or slimeline antenna

I also installed wireless HDMI in my 335 but only to one tv. Did you run three separate transmitters and receivers from one Directv receiver or can you run multiple HDMI receivers from one HDMI wireless transmitter?
San Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:15 AM   #8

I chose to place my Directv Slimline receiver under the living room TV then run an HDMI splitter, one went to the transmitter and the other to the outside TV. I connected the HDMI receiver I the bedroom TV.
With that said the manufacture, IOGear makes a transmitter that has three receivers. This would solve the issue with the Directv receiver above the passages side compartment and attaching receivers to all TV.
If one uses a SWM receiver then all that needs to be used is installed coaxial cable going to all TV. They would all be HD connected and you could watch different Channels on all TVs.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Parish View Post
Since HDMI cables weren't installed by the factory, the simple solution is to use an SD Direct TV receiver, coax in/out. You can purchase from Direct TV for $69.

I think most folks desire HD quality picture. I know I do. It's a shame that FR didn't install HDMI cables. Last I checked, we are in the 21st century. Apparently FR hasn't gotten there yet👿

Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:03 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to carluv
I tried to put a Direct TV SD box in but they would not activate it since everything is going to HD and I was a new customer. Had to go with the H24 HD box and use a converter (red,White,Yellow) out of box to coax cable.
I have a 2014 335 and installed a King Dome Rover on roof and found some of the coax cables are not connected to anything.
carluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #11

Direct tv

The motor home cable plugs into the direct tv tuner. Hdmi goes from tuner to TV. Works great
mypalal51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by catellier View Post
How did they run the hdmi cable? If you don't mind what did it cost you to make the change

Thanks for informatiom
hi Catellier I don't now how much cost because that was a deal I made win I upgrade from my 335 to the 378 the change my satellite over but win I install the satellite here in Canada cost me 3100 include 2 recievers and satellite with shaw direct I can take pics tomorow if you wanted to see
borba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
378ts, georgetown