Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2019, 08:18 PM   #1

HDMI cable routing,

So, the new Georgetown has only a DVD player with surround sound. I want to install a Blue Ray player. The unit is located in the front overhead cabinet above the passenger seat. All the speaker wire and cable comes in there. I really can’t believe they didn’t put a blue ray player in these from the factory? Anyway. I need to run an HDMI cable from the front right upper corner to the TV located in the middle by the slide out wall. Any recommendations on the best way to run this without being to intrusive or doing it so it looks nice!

Thanks!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:29 PM   #2

Get the cable to the floor and go thru the storage area and back up into the coach.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:50 PM   #3

That’s what I was thinking. So I think the biggest issue will be getting it from the cabinet to the floor. I should be able to tuck it behind the plastic trim along the windshield.

Thanks.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:11 AM   #4

You should also investigate wireless HDMI transmitters. I use one for my Dish receiver and am very satisfied.

rkulbok
(Ron & Karin)
2015 Georgetown 328TS
Full time since October 2015
rkulbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:51 AM   #5

Hmm. Interesting! I knew they had them for speakers. Didn’t know they had them for HDMI. I will look into it.

Thanks.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:38 AM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

Dodge Guy

You changed your profile picture to the Georgetown, but you need to update your avatar . Beautiful coach by the way.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:48 AM   #7

Which wireless HDMI transmitter do you use? I see many choices and prices on Amazon. What actual range have you tried with success? Thx.
dolfan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Dodge Guy

You changed your profile picture to the Georgetown, but you need to update your avatar . Beautiful coach by the way.
Ya, it won’t let me change it because the file is too big. I need to get in my computer and resize it so I can upload it.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:50 AM   #9

I purchased the Nyrius Aries Home HDMI Digital Wireless Transmitter & Receiver for HD 1080p Video Streaming, Cable Box, Satellite, Bluray, DVD, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Laptops, PC (NAVS500). Currently $179 0n Amazon.

I've hooked it up to my main TV and the outride TV. My MH is only 35' and range seems to be fine.

rkulbok
(Ron & Karin)
2015 Georgetown 328TS
Full time since October 2015
rkulbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #10

I bought the IOGear 2 channel model. Has worked great. 3 years old and no issues.
I didn't want the hassle of running wires.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #11

Ok. So I’m thinking about it. The TV is mounted in the middle of the coach on the wall. It would be very easy to install the blue rat player there. And as I was looking the TV audio is wired back to the DVD player so you can get surround when watching OTA TV. So I can still have surround sound with the blue ray player by the TV. I’ll have to go out there tonite and check it out to see what I can do.

Old 04-22-2019, 02:36 PM   #12

I would also recommend the HDMI transmitters - we have our blu-ray and the Wally receiver with a HDMI switch so we can flip back between them, they are in a cabinet over the passenger seat.

We actually have 2 transmitters - one for the TV in the bedroom and one in the main room - never had any signal issues.

Much easier than running an HDMI cable.

Good luck!
Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:12 PM   #13

Well what I’m going to do is. Put the Blu-ray player by the TV. I forgot that the TV is wired for audio out (rca connections) back to the DVD player. So it works with this setup perfect. Now I just need to mount the Blu-ray by the TV. Much easier than running an hdmi cable.

BTW, kenandterry, I updated my avatar.

Old 09-04-2019, 02:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkulbok View Post
I purchased the Nyrius Aries Home HDMI Digital Wireless Transmitter & Receiver for HD 1080p Video Streaming, Cable Box, Satellite, Bluray, DVD, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Laptops, PC (NAVS500). Currently $179 0n Amazon.

I've hooked it up to my main TV and the outride TV. My MH is only 35' and range seems to be fine.
I just got the Nyrius Aries wireless HDMI and it works great and easy to setup.

I have also used it on the main and outside tv. Much easier to take fall weekend trips knowing I can still catch the big games. Thanks, Ron.

Without it I would not have been so easy to add the Dish Pathway X2 system to our rig.
dolfan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable