Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2014, 04:49 PM   #1

Question head light adjustment

Just wondering if anyone has adjusted there headlights on their 378XL. Drove at night and the low beams don't seam to light up too far. Does anyone know where the adjustment screws are. May seam like a newbie question but unless I am blind can't seam to find them.
Thanks in advance.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #2

Your coach should have similar headlights as ours. Here are the adjustment screws:

Old 01-12-2014, 05:43 PM   #3

thanks if I am thinking right to move the low beam headlight up the bottom screw needs to be screwed inward., just want to make sure that I on the right page.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
Old 01-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #4

No problem. To be honest, not sure which one moves it up/down. Haven't had to adjust ours. I just went out and took a quick picture but didn't pay attention to the mechanics of it.

Be careful not to adjust them too high or other drivers will flash you. There is a formula that tells you the proper adjustment. Do a search on the net and you can even get videos. Here is a nice write up from popular mechanics:

How to Adjust Your Headlights - Aim Your Headlights - Popular Mechanics
Old 01-13-2014, 10:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair View Post
Just wondering if anyone has adjusted there headlights on their 378XL. Drove at night and the low beams don't seam to light up too far. Does anyone know where the adjustment screws are. May seam like a newbie question but unless I am blind can't seam to find them.
Thanks in advance.
Have you checked to see if you have a low beam burnt out first.

If you can pull the MH in front of a garage door and adjust the beams that way. That's the old fashion way I used to do it.
Here is a page that gives general guidelines for adjustments.
Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:13 PM   #6

iggy, no they are both on but at night the low beams don't light up to far, and was looking into adjusting them up a tat high beams work great. Haven't adjusted in many years and wanted to make sure that I was going at it correctly. Thanks all for the assistance. Iggy have you noticed this on your 378XL?
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
Old 01-13-2014, 02:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair View Post
iggy, no they are both on but at night the low beams don't light up to far, and was looking into adjusting them up a tat high beams work great. Haven't adjusted in many years and wanted to make sure that I was going at it correctly. Thanks all for the assistance. Iggy have you noticed this on your 378XL?
No I have not noticed on mine but then again I haven't driven at night that much. I will check in the future.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light