Old 01-03-2016, 03:13 PM   #11

Yes I am sure. They were an option when I bought it and installed at the factory.. I have used them at home checking everything out. If you take the a/c grill on the celeing you can see them and also watch them get hot when selected at the thermostat.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:10 PM   #12

We went to northern NY in our GT 364 this last fall. When the temperatures got into the 20s, we found ourselves going through propane way too fast when running both furnaces. We switched to electric space heaters and found they kept it warm and toastie. The great advantage is that the electric is included in the price of the campground whereas the propane comes out of your pocket. (Sent to you from SW Ohio also, i.e. SE of Dayton)

Old 01-03-2016, 06:26 PM   #13

We are not too far from you Vince, we are in Washington Court House.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:53 PM   #14

We will be leaving tomorrow morning. Temp. around 22F, while getting set up, I'll run the rv heater to take off the chill. Going down the road just dash heat. I do use a fan that fits the 12v outlet in the dash to push heated air toward the back. Works fine.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:32 PM   #15

We typically run the front heat and one of the two furnaces in our Georgetown going down the road...Once parked we will run the Heat Strips during the day and the furnace at night if it is in the 20's or 30's.

One thing we found is that for the heat strips to work well the thermostat needs to be set higher than if running the furnace.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:39 PM   #16

A32Deuce: I'm jealous. One of the most exciting parts of camping for me was the moment everything was ready, I hit the ignition key, turned to the DW and said, "Let's go!" Gives me goose bumps just thinking of it...I love it.

For Georgew48: I retired from Wright-Patt AFB back when you were an A1C (just kidding). (Flew B-52s in the cold war days...back when we thought the Ruskies were going to attack us with nukes at any moment.) Startin' the RV reminds me of closing the B-52 entry hatch, strapping in and hitting the starters. Both are thrills you can't match!...well almost.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:00 PM   #17

I am like you Vince.
The moment I turn the key, look at the DW and say "you ready". Doesn't get any better than that and the feeling is nice knowing all of the hard work we have done is now worth it.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:33 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
A32Deuce: I'm jealous. One of the most exciting parts of camping for me was the moment everything was ready, I hit the ignition key, turned to the DW and said, "Let's go!" Gives me goose bumps just thinking of it...I love it.

For Georgew48: I retired from Wright-Patt AFB back when you were an A1C (just kidding). (Flew B-52s in the cold war days...back when we thought the Ruskies were going to attack us with nukes at any moment.) Startin' the RV reminds me of closing the B-52 entry hatch, strapping in and hitting the starters. Both are thrills you can't match!...well almost.
I retired form the Air Force in 95 then retired from ABX Air in 2010. Spent most of my AF career on C-5s.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boso View Post
Are you sure you have heat strips or do you just have a heat pump. Most Rv heat pumps don't have strips, that is usually an upgrade done at the factory. Most often it is a heat pump and gas furnace. I think some of the new Rv or heated by water also.
Pretty easy to tell. the thermostats are different for heat strips vs heat pump.

Heat Strips

vs. Heat Pump

vs. those that only have furnaces
Old 01-04-2016, 06:19 PM   #20

Yep, the top one is just like both the ones in my coach.

Tags
furnace