Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2011, 11:48 PM   #1

help- 2010 Georgetown 374TS slide pump won't work

Hi, there,

On our way from Toronto to Vancouver with our RV, now in Seattle, the slide-out of my RV cannot retract. We called the emergency service, and we were told that the slide-out/Jack pump has to be replaced. A technician took the pump out and was trying to order one from the manufacturer. Our plan, then, will be probably spoiled. I have some questions,

1. How long does it take usually to get the ordered pump ?
2. Can I retract and slide out the RV manually? If It can be done this way, how to do that? Could anyone please help answer my questions?

Many thanks!
Sam
P.S my RV type:2010 Georgetown 374TS pump won't work
bigjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #2

Call the Forest River Factory Direct in Indiana or e mail mburns@forestriverinc.com.
Mike Burns or a Mr Armstrong have been very helpful. Sorry, I do not have the phone number to the factory but I know I have seen it on this forum so maybe do a search. And yes you can retract your slide manually. Google the website for the brand of pump you have and download the instruction manual. Every system has an emergency retraction procedure. Good Luck.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

I found the following parts department numbers from previous posts on this forum. Hope they help.

(574) 534-3167 or (574) 206-7600

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:32 AM   #4

Thanks a lot!

Many thanks to you all! Very very helpful!!
Sam
bigjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #5

When the hydraulic pump on our 2010 Georgetown 373DS failed we worked directly with Lippert. We got a list of service places that Lippert had worked with, chose one and called for an appointment. Then we called Lippert and they shipped to the shop. It took us almost two weeks to get an appointment but then it took over a week to get there since we were in Whitehorse, YT. We called the day before our appointment and the parts were in. Repairs were done the next day and everything has worked well since then. Lippert was great to work with as was the shop in Great Falls, MT. Lippert replaced the entire hydraulic pump assembly (they manufacture each one when ordered) and called us to ensure that we were happy with the install. Fortunately we were still under warranty so cost was not an issue.

We were fortunate too in that our slides were in when it happened so we had only the jacks to worry about but the manual proceedure given would not work so we had to manually force the jacks up and travel without jacks or slides until we could get the repairs done.

Good luck.

Eileen
nana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #6

The Lippert manual shows a method to manually retract the slides and the levelling legs. While I haven't done it, my pump failed during my orientation after I bought the unit. The dealer took care of the issue but it took two weeks.

Be sure your the pump circuit breaker has been reset. Did the emergency guys check it? This is the most frequent cause of the problem.

The manual retract uses a power screw driver and an allen bit. You give it a few hundred or thousand turns, hence the electric screw driver, and the legs or slide retracts depending on which socket you are in at the hydraulic manifold. Its not fun but it will get you home or to a repair location. Be sure slides are in first before you lift the legs. You don't want to be uneven or wracked when you try to pull slides in.

I've only read about this one but after my first experience I wanted to be ready.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #7

This is amazing! My 2000 Georgetown 346 had HWH jacks and slide, and I never experienced a second of trouble! The jacks were faster, smoother, and appeared to have a greater travel length (?).

I've had this 342 for two weeks, and most of my headaches (luckily in my driveway) have been slide and jack related. I've added a quart of ATF, adjusted the B/R slide to meet mfrs specs, and replaced a blown-apart and bypassed 100-A breaker!

Everything seems to be working now, but I'm certainly going to be very familiar with the emergency procedures! I have also stocked extra fliud and a new breaker. The local dealer wanted $67.00 plus tax for the breaker, but I bought two on line for $26 each,and shipping of $4!

I also have a jack foot that looks like it's about to fall off, and a rear jack that looks like it's really rusted. Need to check both!

I need to go camping! The High Sierras are calling, and the trouts be jumping!
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote