Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #1

Help locating fuse

2013 Georgetown 371DS
The light in the engine compartment does not work. The bulb looks good so I suspect a fuse. I checked the house fuses and they are fine. Any idea where can find this fuse

Thanks

Steve

Steve
ifrpilot99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Had the exact same trouble once with my Georgetown. Turned out it was a defective switch on the side of the light assembly unit.............replaced the switch and all fixed. Aside from that, make sure the house battery switch is on (just in case) and verify there really is 12 volts coming into the light assembly.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #3

I tested the switch with a volt meter and determined that it was faulty. Replaced the switch and all is well. Thanks for the tip!

Steve
Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

What are the odds that it was EXACTLY the same resolution...........something as simple as the switch itself. Must have been a batch of bad ones of that particular model or something.

By the way..........I'm still not sure exactly what fuse feeds this light but something makes me think someone told me it was fuse #7 or #8 in and around the battery control box.........which on my motorhome is located under the steps leading into the motorhome.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #5

There are fuses everywhere! I jut assumed I was missing this one rather than actually testing the light. Now that the light is fixed, I can start looking for the harmonic noise in the engine compartment. Craziest thing...starts humming at 55 mph and stop at 68 mph or if I let off the gas. Source is drivers side. thought I would take a look before bring it to dealer and find the air filter housing wasn't secure or something obvious.

Thanks again!

Steve
Old 10-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
Tim & Lisa Trempert

My engine compartment light switch went bad twice because it is mounted just behind the grill and gets hit with rain at 65MPH. I had the dealer move it up higher and attach it to the firewall. Now it shines down on the engine instead of in my eyes and the switch no longer goes bad because it isn't being bombarded by rain when I drive!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
What are the odds that it was EXACTLY the same resolution...........something as simple as the switch itself. Must have been a batch of bad ones of that particular model or something.

By the way..........I'm still not sure exactly what fuse feeds this light but something makes me think someone told me it was fuse #7 or #8 in and around the battery control box.........which on my motorhome is located under the steps leading into the motorhome.
Yes, fuses in the RVP panel below the steps have F7 and F8 feeding the basement lights. One of the two probably powers that engine light also. Those switches must be made same as the blue lite switches, very ginger to make work.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote