Old 10-15-2016, 03:17 AM   #11

Slide out interlock

In the paperwork to my Georgetown 378 it says the engine has to be running and and the parking brake must be engaged to deploy the leveler jacks. I forgot the brake once and got an alert to set the brake.
And the slides don't work with the engine running. I found out the hard way about the slideout interlock system when I got to CA this summer and the slides wouldn't open. I talked to local repair shops & they couldn't help neither could the dealership back home. When we got home and took the rig to the dealer they got serious and found out what the problem was. A fuse (15 amp) located in the "Battery Control Center" (under the entry steps) that controls the slideout/ignition lockout function was blown. When there is power to the circuit it thinks the ignition is off and allows the slideouts to work. When the fuse is blown allowing no current through the circuit it thinks the ignition is on and doesn't let the slideouts work. It turns out that this knowledge costs $65. This RV lesson was relatively inexpensive although it hacks me off that I had to pay for the lesson so the service staff could learn it too. The cause of the blown fuse was holding a slideout switch down too long. Hope this helps.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:16 AM   #12
JBP

It helps me a lot. This is just the opposite of my last coach (Winnebago). Brake set, engineer running or slides and leveling jacks would not work. Also nice to know were fuses are located.

Blue ox and Brake buddy
JBP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:15 PM   #13

Slideouts now work!

Thanks to all who contributed with assisting when slideouts didn't work. Definitely good to have someone to discuss frustrating situations with. Well, after the wind stopped blowing and businesses opened back up was able to have batteries tested (they were o.k.) and the wise owner of Bishop RV storage area in New Smyrna Beach checked the fuses with his tester and a 15 amp and 5 amp were blown. MAGIC - slide outs worked! Immediately went to local auto part store and purchased a $7 fuse tester and now will carry extra fuses in coach. Learn something new every day, just wish it didn't have to be during a Hurricane but comforting to have others to discuss situation with.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarGra View Post
Thanks to all who contributed with assisting when slideouts didn't work. Definitely good to have someone to discuss frustrating situations with. Well, after the wind stopped blowing and businesses opened back up was able to have batteries tested (they were o.k.) and the wise owner of Bishop RV storage area in New Smyrna Beach checked the fuses with his tester and a 15 amp and 5 amp were blown. MAGIC - slide outs worked! Immediately went to local auto part store and purchased a $7 fuse tester and now will carry extra fuses in coach. Learn something new every day, just wish it didn't have to be during a Hurricane but comforting to have others to discuss situation with.
Glad to see you are up and running.

Thank you for posting what the issue was and congratulations on the new tool for your unit.

Tags
georgetown, slide, slide out