Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 08:04 PM   #1

Help with Dash Gauges Please!!

Good evening...

I have a 2003 George-Town Class "A" motor-home (Ford FE53 Chassis) that the dash gauges have decided to quit working. Yes, they did but not now....Radio, signal lights, dash-lights (lights inside the dash) are working. I suspect a fuse somewhere since the oil pressure, temp gauge, fuel gauge are NOT working....I have pulled and checked the fuses in the fuse panel under the hood and they all seem to be good according to my Fluke meter...

Can someone please help??

Thanks in advance
Larryd85635
larryd85635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:20 AM   #2
Happily Retired Member

Not sure if this will help, but most manufactures used a voltage limiter for the dash gauges. It limits the voltage to 5 volts only for the gauges, and is probably on the back of the gauge cluster. if you can, see if you can get to a gauge and check for power. It has been a while since I have worked under a dash so maybe they no longer use a limiter.

2013 Ford Escape on Landgrebe tow dolly
Mickeystamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:44 AM   #3

Morning!!! Thanks for the response..thought about the voltage limiter not sure what it looks like tho..i know Honda Goldwings had a problem with that too for a while...I will check and see what i can find...
Again, Thanks!!

Larryd
larryd85635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:50 AM   #4
Happily Retired Member

It should be about 1" x 1 1/2" some plugged in to the cluster and some bolted on.

2013 Ford Escape on Landgrebe tow dolly
Mickeystamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:14 PM   #5

Larry
I think some of the power comes from a fuse panel in the engine compartment behind the air cleaner.
This fuse block is the one that Ford installs on the bare chassis and powers all critical stuff like instrument cluster, oil pressure gauge power, etc.

Being that you have so many power issues I would also check my engine battery ground wire first as well as a fully charged engine battery.

Hope this helps.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:08 PM   #6

Das gauges

Also might be a good idea to pull dash cluster( just a few screws) possible plug for cluster is loose
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:50 PM   #7

Large panel of Ford fuses in panel of firewall just in front of drivers left knee covered with plastic cover. Description and use in Ford chassis manual provided with M/H.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote