Old 01-08-2015, 07:41 PM   #11
The attached manual relates to our BCC, as far as I can tell.
Looks like:
  • coach and chassis batteries are charged when plugged into shore power
  • when not plugged in, chassis and coach batteries are separated at slightly above 12 VDC
  • batteries need voltage for the BCC to work

I'm thinking the OP had his battery disconnect activated, which stopped the batteries charging. Something drained the batteries.

I would try charging the batteries with an external charger, and then connect everything up, plug into shore power, and measure voltage at the batteries. The measured voltage will be over 13 VDC. If the batteries won't take a charge with the external charger, new batteries will be needed as the BCC needs battery voltage.

Hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BCC Package.pdf (446.0 KB, 60 views)

leomosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:14 PM   #12
On my coach, the Chassis battery operates the steps.
Maybe yours does too?

2014 Berkshire 390RB-60
dan-nickie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:58 PM   #13
Carl & Karen
To all,
If I read and understand the BCC package then the question rxfiller had around the house batteries being drained by something could it also cause the engine battery to drain too would not be possible unless the aux start/charge relay contacts were welded together or the aux start switch is shorted? Am I thinking correctly here? The reason I have an interest in this issue is because a few weeks ago I discovered my house battery was dead (figured I left coach battery disc on). I charged it back up put it back in and then went to start MH and found engine battery dead. I knew the engine and house battery got charged together but was not sure if whatever caused the house battery to discharge would also discharge the engine battery? Comments appreciated.
Carl & Karen
2006 Georgetown 350 SE DS
2001 Saturn Toad
Carl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:33 PM   #14
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
I have a 2012 378TS and I believe chassis and house batteries are charged when connected to shore power. I think the control is via the Battery Control Center panel and chassis has priority. This is what my dealers addendum owners manual indicates. Anyway, have never had a low or dead battery for either purpose after a few months in storage (winter or summer) with shore power input. Could be.
OOPS! Should have read HOUSE has priority. I'm done.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #15
Here's what I have found so far.

1. I charged the chassis battery a couple of days ago, and it is holding a charge.

2. I disconnected the coach batteries (2x12v) and once disconnected, they read 10 volts but zip for power. I hooked them to a free standing charger while disconnected, and they are in the process of charging, now reading 12v at 45%

3. WITHOUT the battery hooked up, I have 12v at the 12v receptacles, and 125v at the 110v plugs. It also shows zero coming out at the leads to the batteries.

4. the fan noise by the charger compartment is non-existent.

I guess I have a dead charger unit? Or is there still another possibility? Maybe a breaker for the charger someplace??

Still considering replacing the old charger (which was already replaced about 4 years ago) with a Progressive Dynamics PD4590K18LV. Any thoughts on that?
rxfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:35 PM   #16
I should have said "WITHOUT the battery hooked up, but with shore power plugged in"..... But I guess it was pretty obvious, huh?
rxfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:20 PM   #17
Here are a couple of extracts from the manual I uploaded relating to the battery charging function:

Necessary conditions are: coach batteries disconnect engaged, shore power on, converter
operating and coach batteries charged above 13.2vdc. When these conditions are met, the
auxiliary charging relay will be pulled in and both sets of batteries will be charged in

Chassis (or Coach) Battery Not Charging from Converter
Check that the converter is putting out at least 13.2vdc.
Check that the converter circuit breakers within the BCC are not tripped. Reset as

I believe you need a battery connected that has enough voltage to set the relays. I would also check the circuit breaker mentioned above. You can probably confirm the converter output by measuring voltage at the input of the circuit breaker (ie. prior to it going through the BCC relays).

leomosley is offline   Reply With Quote

electric, electrical