Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2015, 11:22 PM   #1

Highway tracking

2014 335 georgetown
Drove m/h for first time and noticed it would wander and would have to constantly keep correcting . Had alignment done by reputable company and its better but still have to do constant steering wheel correcting. Constant white knuckling.
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:32 PM   #2

As many have said previously that they all need a frontend alignment paid by Forest River right after delivery.
See this link
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ase-74673.html
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:21 AM   #3

Have you seen the "Cheap handling fix" thread?
It should help as much as the alignment.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...fix-62663.html
Old 02-23-2015, 04:42 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Have the alignment shop increase the caster about 1degree.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:52 AM   #5
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskom View Post
2014 335 georgetown
Drove m/h for first time and noticed it would wander and would have to constantly keep correcting . Had alignment done by reputable company and its better but still have to do constant steering wheel correcting. Constant white knuckling.
Agree with cheap chassis fix and also check the tire pressure yourself vs. having a shop do it. The shops don't always do a good job on tire pressure. Make sure both front wheels are at the higher end of the acceptable pressure (not sure what it is for your rig) and within a pound of each other.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:44 AM   #6

Its possible that your weight distribution is light on the front end. Run your coach over the scales so as to weigh front and rear separately. My coach tracks perfectly and can be driven with one finger on the steering wheel while rolling down the highway at 70mph and I have made no modifications. I keep my tanks at very low levels and store heavy items as far forward as possible. Lighter items in the rear compartments. With the galley mid ship, tanks and closets and dressers aft and a substantial coach overhang aft of the rear axel and hitch weight from towed vehicles, I suspect weight distribution may be a problem with some coaches. Weighing the coach is cheap at truck stops. I run 90psi front and rear.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:37 PM   #7

I want to thank all of my brother Georgetowners for the advise today was the first time I had MH on road since I changed holes on front sway bar...it works great, thanks again!
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #8

Great Forum!!! Lots of knowledgable owners and lots of us that are learning!!

« Suspension? | Jacks »