Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #1

hooking up 2nd Sat receiver to bedroom tv

I know other post have touched on this but for the non expert, how the heck do I access the bedroom tv to hook up a second receiver for my direct tv. The tv does not swing out, if it does I have been too chicken to pull any harder. There are jacks on wall below right and on closet wall for av input, but the control for for in signal is over passenger seat in front, while main tv is mid cabin past stove. This is a 2011 mdl 360 Georgetown and all I want is access to cable connection on tv in bedroom area, Help. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #2

To get sat in the BR you are going to have to run a cable from outside to the TV area. That probably means taking the TV out, drilling holes, running cable, and mounting coax plates.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
To get sat in the BR you are going to have to run a cable from outside to the TV area. That probably means taking the TV out, drilling holes, running cable, and mounting coax plates.
Not necessarily. On the back of the switch box take the coax that is hooked to the antenna out off and get a short coax jumper and attach it to the antenna out, then get an A/B switch and attach the jumper to the end with the single connection. Then hook the coax from the second receiver to one of the other connections on the A/B switch. Finally take the coax you took off the back of the switch box and connect it to the remaining connection on the A/B switch. Now you can switch back and forth between the receiver and the antenna on the A/B switch. I should add that I ran a HDMI cable to the main TV from the receiver for it. . So, there is no interference between the two receivers. I never switch to satellite on the switch box, and leave the switchbox on antenna except for cable. This works great for me and I didn't have to run any other coax back to the bedroom.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #4

I think if I read correctly you want to run two recievers...I have the same mh and run two recievers and i ran another cable underneath from the front where the sat cables come in and came up in the closet area through the generator spot which will bring you up right behind all the connections on the wall in the bedroom. Then I installed another coax connection on the wall. Works great.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Ok, I have the two TV receiver with 2 DVR's and can control the receiver up front with the no. 2 remote which is radio wave not infrared. It is dishnetwork. Don't think direct tv has this. It might be better to do it the way polkatronron did for two seperate tuners. Plus I have a 378TS mh and don't know how the tv is set up in the bedroom of the 360. But, gosh this sure works great for me and I didn't have to go thru the extra work of running another cable.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed