Old 07-29-2016, 08:28 PM   #11

When running your gen It will quit when the gas tank gets to a 1/2 tanknfull Our gtown did.

martin73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 05:32 PM   #12
Hot Heat from Doghouse

Get 1/2" Hushmat with reflective aluminum surface and apply it to the Doghouse and area around engine under RV. It makes a difference on heat and noise.

2013 Encounter 37TZ, Chalet Pkg, Escape Hybrid Toad,
Denis & Gail & Dixie the Blue Merle Sheltie
1nshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:32 PM   #13

My Georgetown has the same issues. HOT Foot near gas peddle. I adjusted the latch because it keeps jumping open. I am in the process of installing 1 inch Duct Board to the underside area of the engine. I will hold it up with galvanized screen, large washers and self taping screws. The engine cover is next in line for help.
weatherguru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:07 AM   #14
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
It will also help that it appears that the hot spell is coming to an end!
Maybe Not ???
We here in Michigan are supposed to be back in the 90s next week !!!
After last week,,, they old Sunseeker is going to stay parked for a few weeks !!!
Wolverine 1945 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:58 AM   #15
Originally Posted by RJJ View Post
Only time I switch battery disconnect and inverter off, is when I put the coach in storage. If I'm on a trip, I leave both on all the time.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
X2 RJJ..I always leave on until I store the coach at the end of a trip or put in storage and same for my propane unless I gas up. This way I find I don't have to remember what systems or are or off as most are on auto like the fridge. Just find it easier that way and coach batteries/inverter are being powered as we drive along or power up at a park.

2013 Sunseeker 3170ds
bobbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:07 AM   #16
For the heat coming from the gas pedal area I found several large hole in the firewall that I put silicone chalking to patch up. This made a huge difference. This patch job was one of the few quality issues not done at manufacturing.
2013 Georgetown XL 378
2008 Honda CR-V
wrapperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:57 AM   #17
Although we have never tried it ours says it shuts down at a 1/4 tank to prevent you from running out of fuel in the middle of nowhere. Pretty sure we have passed the 1/2 tank mark and not had it shut down.

RVCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote