Old 06-02-2015, 02:13 PM   #1

Hot Water Reset Light

Does anyone have any thouhts as to why the hot water reset light on the Command Center control panel keeps coming on "at times"? i don't think it should make any difference but the propane is down to quarter full.

Seems like on this trip if something can go wrong it will. Started with a clogged toilet....

Old 06-02-2015, 02:22 PM   #2

It may come occasionally when lighting (doing a re-light) but if it goes out then there should be no problem. Sometimes a strong wind blowing into the igniter on mine will do as you say yours does. I just disregard the light unless it's on steady for awhile. If it's a continuous thing every time a re-light is happening then an adjustment may be required.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:25 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
It may come occasionally when lighting (doing a re-light) but if it goes out then there should be no problem. Sometimes a strong wind blowing into the igniter on mine will do as you say yours does. I just disregard the light unless it's on steady for awhile. If it's a continuous thing every time a re-light is happening then an adjustment may be required.
X2. The light will usually come on as the Direct Spark Ignitor is making sparks to ignite the propane. Once ignited, the light goes off.

You will notice this the first time your propane lights when your turn the switch on...and then on occassion when the water cools off enough in the tank that the thermostat calls for heat again...then the DSI makes sparks to ignite the propane for the burner to heat the water back up to temp.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, light, water