Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2016, 01:37 PM   #1

Hot water tank

I have a 2007 Georgetown 359TS. Last year I had the board replaced on the hot water tank but ran it on power only. Recently I tried it on propane, the red indicator light comes on steady, and I do not hear it trying to ignite. I finally turned off the hot water tank and put it back on power. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
PS I have lots of propane, stove works, furnace works, and fridge works on propane.

Hank
2007 Geogetown XL 359TS
Runs great, finally replaced front tires after about 32,000 miles.
Hankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:10 AM   #2

The only time I had a problem like yours was when we had an air pocket in the water heater.. After we got all the air out of the heater and line it ignited
Old 07-20-2016, 12:20 PM   #3

Try resetting on the water heater outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
swamprat26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:42 PM   #4

Thank you for the advice. I will look into the air pocket situation. I have tried the reset buttons on the water heater, but thank you for that advice. Will reply after checking on the air pocket.

Thanks again.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:47 PM   #5
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Immediately after turning it on, go outside and see if you hear the ignitor "clicking". Also, look for a spark if it is clicking. The ignitor wire and the ignitor itself are notorious for going out. Mine was actually defective from the factory and was replaced under warranty. It would only fire off about half the time.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
Immediately after turning it on, go outside and see if you hear the ignitor "clicking". Also, look for a spark if it is clicking. The ignitor wire and the ignitor itself are notorious for going out. Mine was actually defective from the factory and was replaced under warranty. It would only fire off about half the time.
Don't get your head to close to the grate.... small boom if the igniter is working (clicking) and you have propane flowing and a burner that needs cleaning.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:00 PM   #7

hot water tank

So I have checked the propane and no problem there. I have changed the 12V switch assembly with the reset button on it. Still no luck. The fuse in the coach is fine. Is it possible that here is another fuse somewhere, like in the battery compartment?
Old 08-19-2016, 10:42 AM   #8
RJJ

What brand water heater? I know GT uses suburban now, but not sure about your model year. If it happens to be Atwood, I had that problem in my last MH. 
Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1471621268.203837.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  41.5 KB
. This was the culprit, you can bypass it to test it. If you don't have Atwood, I'm sorry I made you suffer through this post. Lol. Good luck.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, tank, water, water tank