Old 05-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #11

battery not charging while driving

When I was trying to find a draw I pulled a fuse from under the stairs.

This fuse's circuit when in was using ~ 2 amps.

So I pulled it.

However this is the fuse to the isolator, so with it pulled it won't allow charging of the house batteries from the alternator.

The other problem is that with the fuse in and I turn off the MH power it swithched to using the chassis battery to power my MH.

Can't have that happen, so as I said I pulled it.

Bottom line is I have something wrong with the isolator because it causes a draw and allows the chassis battery to power MH 12 volt system.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to monkey2
My draws, propane sniffer, refrigerator on dc, smokedector ?? .. the brain is dim .. seems like I had 2.3 -2.5 amps draw on dc and decided I needed solar for dry camping. I doubt you have an isolator problem .. all it is is a starter solenoid. check the draw on the refrig & sniffer. you need a way to charge, to exceed the 2+ amp draw, when not plugged in or running.
some pictures ..
.. DesignSpek_ForestRiver

1999 35' Georgetown Class A 345SE V-10 chassis, 60k miles many nights, part timers. Thousand Trails upgraded membership. Been in all lower 48 states many times, some Canadian .. Vancouver BC, Ont, Quebec, not Alaska or Hawaii yet. Family scattered all over.
monkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #13

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjensen View Post
When I was trying to find a draw I pulled a fuse from under the stairs.

This fuse's circuit when in was using ~ 2 amps.

So I pulled it.

However this is the fuse to the isolator, so with it pulled it won't allow charging of the house batteries from the alternator.

The other problem is that with the fuse in and I turn off the MH power it swithched to using the chassis battery to power my MH.

Can't have that happen, so as I said I pulled it.

Bottom line is I have something wrong with the isolator because it causes a draw and allows the chassis battery to power MH 12 volt system.
Which fuses are you referring to? FRG mounted my power unit upside down, the isolators are on the RH side.

There are two isolators .. the top on mine is the chassis store .. the bottom is for the by-pass start .. according to the labels on my isolators.

I pulled all of my fuses and they all check good.. my fuse container .. has written on it #5 fuse is alternator, counting from bottom up. #5 & #6 are the only 5 amp fuses ..

Good hunting!

1999 35' Georgetown Class A 345SE V-10 chassis, 60k miles many nights, part timers. Thousand Trails upgraded membership. Been in all lower 48 states many times, some Canadian .. Vancouver BC, Ont, Quebec, not Alaska or Hawaii yet. Family scattered all over.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey2 View Post
My draws, propane sniffer, refrigerator on dc, smokedector ?? .. the brain is dim .. seems like I had 2.3 -2.5 amps draw on dc and decided I needed solar for dry camping. I doubt you have an isolator problem .. all it is is a starter solenoid. check the draw on the refrig & sniffer. you need a way to charge, to exceed the 2+ amp draw, when not plugged in or running.
some pictures ..
.. DesignSpek_ForestRiver
I Error-ed .. My refrig is only Propane & AC, the refrig draw was on propane.

Tags
battery