Old 07-22-2015, 11:01 AM   #11
The first time I went to use the bathroom sink in my (first owner) 2011 Georgetown 327DS, I discovered that he faucet in the bathroom should have been classified (NHTSA nomenclature) as "functionally obselete". This means that there's nothing wrong with it but it's no longer suitable for it's intended purpose. When the faucet was turned on, the stream of water exiting it was about 1" from the back of the sink. This made it very difficult to rinse soap off of my hands and almost impossible to use the sink to clean my contact lenses.

When the counter top was replaced to correct a manufacturing defect, I purchased a Delta faucet that moved the water release point further into the sink. The dealer installed it instead of replacing the original one - a zero labor cost upgrade.

pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:23 PM   #12
Originally Posted by magpi26 View Post
If you have been associated with RVs and their owners over the past several yrs., there appears to be a definite deterioration of quality control in the manufacturing process and design of these products. I have personally experienced a nightmare situation and talked with probably ten owners who readily want to talk about similar problems. The current cycle seems to be that many disenchanted owners are simply passing the lemons on to used RV buyers by either trading away their problems or selling these bombs to some other poor sucker. The manufacturers give us the impression that once the warranty runs out, they could care less. What surprises me the most is that some owners still defend the crap these manufacturers foist on consumers and simply accept the problems and actually enjoy spending every spare minute repairing or maintaining a RECREATIONAL vehicle.

Its a race to the "bottom". Most manufacturers are trying to sell more coaches by adding glitz while at the same time using cheaper materials to keep the selling price lower. Forest River coaches look great when new but furniture, roof system, hydraulics, lights, entry steps, etc. all tend to malfunction way too frequently and way too soon. It may be a problem for most manufacturers of entry price point coaches. The stuff tends to last longer than the warranty period but in 3 to 4 years there are multiple problems. I really liked my coach the first two years but am now disappointed.

BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote