Old 08-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #11

Now I noticed there is a wrinkle in the opposite back corner.. How can they put out stuff like this without fixing the problem
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1734.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	116088  

Old 08-02-2016, 10:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnut View Post
Now I noticed there is a wrinkle in the opposite back corner.. How can they put out stuff like this without fixing the problem
It's called "Piece work" an da fewer pieces u do in an hour, da less uz make.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:44 PM   #13

So what are you going to do RVNut sounds like the fix is possibly going to cause problems? Can you have it documented an repaired beyond the warranty period if you do so or will FR make you take their fix now? Disappointing to say the least.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:11 PM   #14
RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
My 2012 360 came with aluminum radius caps when new. Didn't know about this issue then, but now I assume that a problem was caught at the factory and the caps were added then. The only roof leak I have had was caused by a bad roof seal on the front ac. There are some small "wrinkles" near the rear corner of the flat roof that I consider only cosmetic and have not caused a problem as yet (this is my 5th camping season).I do inspect it now and then. A wrinkle on a radius will be under more stress than a flat area and more likely to crack. My personal opinion is the fiberglass layer used by FR is too thin because it needs to be flexible enough to make the radius bend. Having worked with fiberglass materials in boats, a sturdy fg product is too stiff to make a radius bend unless it is laid up dry before resin is applied. The thin fg sheets being used by FR are low in resin content to allow flexibility but at the expense of durability. Rubber RV roofs are durable and flexible but are easily punctured. A falling sharp ended tree branch punctured the rubber roof of my Montana 5th wheel RV I owned before buying my Georgetown. I do think the fg roof system offers advantages especially as the years go by, but I think FR should be using radius caps on every MH they manufacture. I did not climb up on the roof of my MH during purchase. I will if I ever buy another new coach. I have had good luck and very few problems with my GT. The worst issue is the "pleather" peeling and cracking.

When I talked to Travis about my roof issue, he explained that the full fiberglass radius roof had only been out a couple years and they have been having this problem. The "fix" was to add the radius caps, this is how all the roofs on Georgetowns were done in the past. Sounds like your model year was just before the change.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
Old 08-04-2016, 02:16 PM   #15

Fixing it!

Quote:
1...they don't care...NO QC

2...they hope you don't see it!
Old 08-07-2016, 04:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJ View Post
When I talked to Travis about my roof issue, he explained that the full fiberglass radius roof had only been out a couple years and they have been having this problem. The "fix" was to add the radius caps, this is how all the roofs on Georgetowns were done in the past. Sounds like your model year was just before the change.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
Our unit was made in October 2015 so I think that is a pretty new unit to me
Old 08-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #17
RJJ

Quote:
Our unit was made in October 2015 so I think that is a pretty new unit to me

Same as mine RVnut, but my post was to the fellow Georgetown owner I quoted in my response. Think his was a 2012. Sorry if there was any confusion.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:15 PM   #18

Wife and I have been looking at the GT 335DS. Did not like the inverter only supplies power to the fridge, and did not like the satellite "pre-wiring" starts on the roof and ends three feet away, in the front overhead cabinet, and no where near the TV.

And now these wrinkled roof issues ??

Hard to get excited about a new vehicle purchase with these type issues !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbailey13 View Post
I was very concerned about that when I first noticed it on my coach...Then the other day I was at the dealership where they had 6-8 Georgetowns.....they ALL had those creases in the roof. Now I wonder if it is just a manufacturing variance that causes it.

I think that's exactly what it is. Mine has one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljag View Post
Wife and

Hard to get excited about a new vehicle purchase with these type issues !

I'm on my 6th RV. Trust me, they all have had issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums