Old 05-02-2015, 02:38 PM   #1
2006 Georgetown 340

How hard is it to.......

I noticed today that I have a hydraulic spot on the cement under the left rear slide of our 06 Georgetown 340. I looked up under the wheel area and saw that the hydraulic hose has a bubble in it and fluid is starting to seep out. I talked with the dealer and they said $700 to change the hose with a 5000 psi hydraulic hose.

My question is what is the recommended psi hose and how hard is to
change? Is the price they quoted a good price?

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-02-2015, 02:42 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by compint View Post
I noticed today that I have a hydraulic spot on the cement under the left rear slide of our 06 Georgetown 340. I looked up under the wheel area and saw that the hydraulic hose has a bubble in it and fluid is starting to seep out. I talked with the dealer and they said $700 to change the hose with a 5000 psi hydraulic hose.

My question is what is the recommended psi hose and how hard is to
change? Is the price they quoted a good price?

Thanks in advance!
Pull it yourself and go to a hydraulics shop and have one made. Might cost $100 depending on length.

Old 05-02-2015, 02:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Pull it yourself and go to a hydraulics shop and have one made. Might cost $100 depending on length.
Yes! X2
Go with the pros rather than someone who tries to do it all and sometimes comes up short.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #4
2006 Georgetown 340

How hard would it be to pull? The dealer said they would pull it and take it to a hydraulics hose shop also. I assume most of the $700 is for labor at $90 per hour. I can see where it goes into the floor of the slide out but its solid with foam insulation around etc. If I cut that out around, will it pull out easily?

Thank you
Old 05-02-2015, 06:59 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by compint View Post
How hard would it be to pull? The dealer said they would pull it and take it to a hydraulics hose shop also. I assume most of the $700 is for labor at $90 per hour. I can see where it goes into the floor of the slide out but its solid with foam insulation around etc. If I cut that out around, will it pull out easily?
Thank you
You should be able to pull it thru the insulation. If you do it yourself, when you thread the new one thru the insulation, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PLUG IN BOTH ENDS OF THE NEW HOSE TO PREVENT GETTING DEBRIS IN THE NEW HOSE.

Also, it would be good if you tie a strong cord/wire on the old hose that is long enough to use to pull the new hose back the same route as the old.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:20 AM   #6

So ....I am in the same boat and trying to decide wether or not to do this myself also.

How do I bleed the pressure off the lines before removing and pulling the hose? Is it a simple as just cracking a fitting loose and letting the hose self drain?

I will be replacing 5 (blistering) orange hoses. And fixing a leaky hydraulic pump (o ring).
Old 05-03-2015, 06:13 AM   #7

Take a look at this thread.
Lippert Jacks, Orange Hoses
Old 05-03-2015, 08:28 AM   #8
2006 Georgetown 340

Thank you. Great thread. Does anyone know what the hose psi rating should be? the dealer said minimum of 2500 so they would use 5000psi made by a local shop. is this correct or overkill?

Thanks
Old 05-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #9

Can I make a suggestion - don't "tease" the subject of your posts. When scrolling through the forum, "How hard is it to..." makes me click into the post to see if I can help you. And tomorrow, when I see it again, I won't remember what I found and I'll have to click in again.