Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #1

How is your drivers seat?

Has any one else had this happen to your front seats, Drivers or passenger? This wire, part of springs in back of seat came through on the window side and I found it by reaching back for my seat belt and scratching my arm on it.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3799.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	36077
Old 07-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by copsuno View Post
Has any one else had this happen to your front seats, Drivers or passenger? This wire, part of springs in back of seat came through on the window side and I found it by reaching back for my seat belt and scratching my arm on it.Attachment 36077
No I haven't seen the acupuncture seats yet. Is that an option?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #3

Apparently it is an option I did not know I had. Can not wait till they start coming up from the bottom and helping to cure my hemorrhoids.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

"helping to cure my hemorrhoids" or a biopsy probe?????

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwch!

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #5

Are you sure you didn't say the wrong thing to the DW and she had this "installed" prior to your sitting down?

vizsla owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #6

yep sure about that, she shoots better than me, just a case of cheap seats. I also have a broken handle on my Dometic rm 1350 fridge, Ordered one from Dometic and girl asked what model I had and I said I have a FR motorhome, so its the cheapest one you make, and I thought she fell out of her chair laughing and then said I know. Actually the handle probably got broken by Grand daughter trying to open door. The seat is a different issue, I am still 1500 miles out from home and really worried it could be worse, will have to see.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #7

This brings up a great point and idea.

Has anyone fitted their Georgetown with better seats than OEM?
If so we would like to hear about it for future reference.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
Kanadian Kamper

Considering I have driven the motorhome since new for all the time we've owned it, and the DW has been with me sometimes, and sometimes she drove and met me, her seat vinyl/plastic/leather is showing countless small cracking on it's surface while mine is still perfect. Go figure.

As far as comfort, I have mine equipped with the wooden bead seat cover. It helps with air ventilation between it and me, and I figure more than a million cab drivers can't be wrong!!!!!!!

Ken and Terry
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
Old 08-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #9

Update on seat and wire issue: I had a follow up email from Williamsburg Furniture today and they are shipping me a new drivers seat, as they have no idea why the wire pushed thru the cover or why the wire came loose. I have to ship old seat back to them so they may study it. Thus far, Williamsburg has been very pleasant to deal with and am looking forward to resolving this issue.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #10
Kanadian Kamper

Update on our seats..............

When we were at the FROG Rally in Goshen, the service reps from Forest River saw our seats, they basically said "well that's not right".

Next day..........two brand new seats installed no charge!

While discussing it, we asked if we could change the colour from "bone" to "black" to compliment our custom love seat we had bought earlier this year. Done!

Forest River rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken and Terry
Old 08-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #11

Ken

I appreciate that and guess I need to drive to In. April saw the photo and promptly told me that was a Williamsburg issue and had to contact them. FR would not take any ownership of this seat issue. On the good side, WF, at first only wanted to send me a new seat cover. I pointed out in two subsequent emails that recovering would not solve the problem, just hide it. Jennifer with WF sent me a late afternoon email to make arrangements to ship whole seat back as they do not know why this wire did this, and they are shipping me a new seat. We will see.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #12

I have a 2007 Georgetown 373 That we just use a few weeks a year, no kids and no pets
most of the time its parked by the side of the garage with the cover on it,

This is the 3rd replacement of the driver and passenger seats because of the seat covering falling apart. (the ones that came with the MH, 1.
the replacement under warranty, 2, and now, the ones I have to buy, 3)
Now 5 years later the same thing happen
Note from Jennifer at Williamsburg Furn:

"Hi Bob, yes . This is a fab that Georgetown supplied us with! It is out of warranty, but what Williamsburg can do is get you new covers for the front driver & passenger seats. I can get you new covers for $175.00 each." plus shipping.

Are all motorhomes put together this good?
I wonder how many repete customers forrest river gets.
I don't think I'll be one
I Love RVing !

......now I have to go outside to install some support under the
hot water heater to keep it in place.
Something that should have been done when it was made at the factory.
jojo bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #13

Update::: Williamsburg Furniture (WBF) Has agreed to replace my seat and did ship a new seat to my dealer. New seat arrived with two tears in cover. Dealer has installed the new seat and waiting on a replacement cover now. Jennifer Wheat has been very nice to work with at WBF. I hope to be back on road next week, as new cover was supposed to have been shipped Wed and should be here by Monday. For anyone with issues, you can reach Jennifer Wheat at Ph574)773-7711 ext:26. Good luck to all. BTW all this is under warranty even though I am a year and half out of warranty.