We have a 2010 Georgetown 330TS. What camping we've done so far has always been with full hookups. At all times, the status of the house batteries according to the electronic monitor panel have always showed full charge.
On the last night travelling back home, we had to stay overnight at our first "Wal-mart" campout........actually quite fun. The overnight temperature was cold enough (35F) that we had to run the furnace, set to maintain 68 degrees F. Before going to bed, the control panel showed full charge for the batteries.
At around 4AM, we heard a faint alarm beeping, and I found it was originating from the furnace compartment. When I checked the control panel, the LED status for the batteries showed 1 LED out of 5. I immediately started the RV engine, moved us away from the other campers, and started the generator to run the RV on AC power. Battery status improved to 5 LEDs and we slept for a few more hours.
Is it normal that the batteries should develope this failure in that amount of time? I would have thought that house batteries should be able to support "dry camping" with just the furnace for at least one overnight.