Old 11-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
While I have not seen the ducts, I was advised they were there so I fired up the furnace on a cold day and went to the bay and I could feel warm air coming into the bay. So, yes, it is definitely heated.
Good to know and glad to hear! Thx.

Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
On our 5er I wired a switch on the furnace blower and use an EdenPure electric heater inside and just run the furnace blower to circulate the air thru the floor ducts. Got down to 24 last night and with the furnace blower going, the basement was 40.
I'd love to have this capability in our coach, but I wouldn't know where to begin. I mean, I can twist a wire nut and have an abundance of common sense, but is this a fairly straight-forward project?

Old 11-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #13

Quote:
On our 5er I wired a switch on the furnace blower and use an EdenPure electric heater inside and just run the furnace blower to circulate the air thru the floor ducts. Got down to 24 last night and with the furnace blower going, the basement was 40.
Doesn't the thermostat have a "ON" position for the furnace blower? While I haven't tried it, I assumed mine does...

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post
Doesn't the thermostat have a "ON" position for the furnace blower? While I haven't tried it, I assumed mine does...

Bill
Yes it does, however that turns on the air conditioning ducts, not the furnace / heating ducts.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #15

I should add ...there is no "ON" position for the furnace blower, but rather an "ON" position for the fan setting. If the unit is in AC mode, the overhead AC cooling ducts will stay on, if the unit is in heat mode, the AC cooling ducts will remain on, but won't push air through the heating ducts. Hope that makes sense.

In other words, there is no stock setting to force the heating ducts to run with the furnace off.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #16

On the 378TS, it has two furnaces, one for the front and one for the back of the coach. The rear furnace is the one that provides the heat to the tanks and such. In cold times, I set that one to the lowest setting, turn on my artic pak, turn on my hot water heater and fridge, all on propane. I have experienced weather down to the 20's and not had a problem. I don't winterize because we use the coach frequently. I keep it in a metal barn, but it is not heated and just as cold as it is outside.

To answer the first question, in moderately cold weather, my propane lasts a couple of weeks. We use the electric fireplace whenever we are in the coach, and use the electric for the fridge and hot water. I find that even with two furnaces, they are very efficient on propane.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #17

Wow - two furnaces, eh? Guess I've never heard of that. So you have two separate returns, two separate burner units, etc? Interesting.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #18

There is a duct on the forward side of the bay. It's the same size as all of the heater other ducts in the coach. It's a nice option for freezing weather, but it should have a shut off option for in between weather since you are heating a non essential area and LP goes fast.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #19

Extend a Stay

We use the furnace in our 360DS as the main source of heat (with an oil filed radiator as an assist in the forward cabin). We are in freezing temps (25 degree F) with 30s-40s F during the day. We go through the onboard tank in 2-3 weeks.

I added on the "Extend-A-Stay" inline port - a portable tank now feeds all of our propane needs. I turned off the onboard tank and only have to refill the external tank. The campground keeps it full for me - it doesn't get any easier than that.

It is a simple disconnect when you need to move/travel. A lot easier than moving the MH every time you need propane.

I also changed out our Dometic thermostat with a programmable thermostat from Lowes - it has a 1-2 degree temp range so it runs more often but keeps the unit warmer with less temp changes. The old thermostat had a 5 degree temp swing and cold feet are not my thing.

Hope this helped.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #20
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
I would love to see some pics of this because it sound similar to what I would like to do, I just have no access to the furnace unless I remove it from outside of the camper. I am guessing my thermostat does not have a confrol for just the furnace fan because when you switch it to fan only the AN units fans come on. Thanks

Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane