Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #21
JBP

Interesting. It would be interesting to see a brake down class, mileage, and engine type ( diesel vs gas).
Blue ox and Brake buddy
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:24 AM   #22

Bought my 2012 378 and love the layout, honesty we look every year and cannot find a rig with a better layout unless we spend 350,000. I could put 25,000 into my rig and make it new again including upgrades and such. Be happy with your home or second home and save your money for living. Enjoy the RV life and stay away from RV shows, lol
daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:28 AM   #23

We're very happy with our 2012 Georgetown.
It only has 18,000 on it & we use it every other weekend from the last weekend in April till Nov.
Love the size , layout...
Sure if I was gifted a Prevost I'd take it in a heartbeat but we've had only one issue with this coach.
The camera view cycles thru all views if the lights are on & I flip on the turn signal.
Annoying but not enough to make me eat the depreciation of trading it in.

GrumpyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:46 AM   #24
Kanadian Kamper

GrumpyBiker...

Good looking unit there....spittin’ image of ours.

With regards to your camera cycling issue with turn indicator and lights on.....

This topic has been discussed from time to time over the years and usually gets traced back to a bad ground lead to one of your exterior yellow turn indicator lamps at the front....the one right beside the headlight, or the lower one below the bumper and headlights.

Simple start is....remove just one of the two lamps at a time. Then try turn indicator with and without full lights on. This should point you in the right direction to correct the problem.

We’re Florida bound with our 2010 Georgetown for the winter next week.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:55 AM   #25

Good question by the OP. Just now I am thinking of upgrading from my 2011 with just under 23K in miles. Very interested in moving up to a used diesel for all the reasons that have been hashed about. If we weren't so busy camping the last 2 1/2 months I would've put it up for sale so I would not be restricted to shop at dealers only with having a trade in too.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:29 PM   #26

I have been bring since 2002. Before that it was tent camping. First rv was a very basic 5th wheel. Took it on a 2 and half month 11000 mile trip to every state west of the Mississippi and most of the big name national parks. Two years later we traded up for a 37ft Montana 5vr. In many ways it was my favorite. Eventually traded up for our first MH. A basic model Georgetown. Had that one season but the bed was too small and the ride bounced way too much. So we upgraded to a new 38ft Georgetown with a king bed and bath and a half. It's been nice for 6 seasons now (almost back to Florida from Maine. In N Carolina tonight. Still in very good health at 75, but not enjoying pounding down the highways the way I used to. The coach actually handles great with no mods. Routinely cruise at 65 to 70. But have to admit the thrill of rving isn't what it used to be. Guess I will hang onto her but probably done trading up.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #27

Sad to see it end. Makes me wonder about waiting until I am 70 to trade up to a Gergetown or better. But finances more dictate that date, if it ever comes.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #28

My .02cents. On my 4th MH. In 2014 purchased a new rig. In 2017 traded it ( not my idea - guess who, not going there ). Anyway depreciation was $48,000 in 3 years. Man, did that hurt!
Frank DeFeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:04 PM   #29

How long to keep a Georgetown.

Wow, I guess after 10 years, I will be starting again from scratch. Although, I guess I am not surprised. I lost almost 50% when I traded in my new trailer at eight months.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:39 AM   #30

For those that took a big hit on depreciation, being happy and able to enjoy to the fullest this lifestyle that is supposed to promote relaxation and enjoyment is most important in my mind. If you could sustain the loss and move on to what truly met or exceeded your needs and expectations, more power to you. Life is to short, thirty years in the cemetery industry reminds me of that every day.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:23 AM   #31
JBP

We are just about through our first year in our Georgetown XL 369SD. Just when over 7000 miles. FR and dealer have been very good to correcting problems.
I have had several new couches. Winnebago, Fleetwood, and Forest River. All have been great to work with. All were very responsible and responsive. I suspect that a lot of this has to do with good dealers to begin with.
Blue ox and Brake buddy
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:19 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
For those that took a big hit on depreciation, being happy and able to enjoy to the fullest this lifestyle that is supposed to promote relaxation and enjoyment is most important in my mind. If you could sustain the loss and move on to what truly met or exceeded your needs and expectations, more power to you. Life is to short, thirty years in the cemetery industry reminds me of that every day.

[emoji41][emoji41] Way too short!!
Old 10-09-2017, 02:23 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
We are just about through our first year in our Georgetown XL 369SD. Just when over 7000 miles. FR and dealer have been very good to correcting problems.
I have had several new couches. Winnebago, Fleetwood, and Forest River. All have been great to work with. All were very responsible and responsive. I suspect that a lot of this has to do with good dealers to begin with.

In my short experience, it seems to me that the dealer make all the difference in the world, not only for fixing problems, but for attention to detail in prepping the unit. Of course this doesn't apply as much if you are going to full time and rarely be within reach f the selling dealer.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:20 AM   #34

I have a 2012 that I bought new. No loan so I saved a few $$$ on the long term.
I now have close to 60,000 miles and have not had any issues for many years.
I'm an older Rver and really don't want to start all over with a new one.
We will probably keep rolling and maintaining it for as long as i can.
Has new tires installed last year so I figure I'm good for another 40,000 miles.
I have flushed brake system, changed transmission fluid and radiator cooling system as a early preventive measure.
So with this all done we will keep it unless someone want to buy it from me. lol

We are on our winter trip to Texas, Louisiana and should be back home in Arizona before Thanksgiving.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #35

Got home from Maine on Sunday. Coach ran and handled great at 65 to 70. Never needed any mods since buying my 360 new in 2012. Guess I am lucky. Close to 30k on her now. Drive train has been trouble free. Lucky I guess. Pushed her to 75 now and then to get around a slow pack of trucks etc. Even at 75 the handling required no effort. Tires look new but next season will be seven so might squeeze one more season or maybe replace fronts. Getting older so even 400 miles seems a lot now. Probably cut back to 300 per day next season. Back in my 50s and early 60s I thought nothing of 500 to 600 miles per day. Especially going cross country. I don't need a new coach. Just need a new body haha.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:17 PM   #36
Kanadian Kamper

BillMFI

Not sure if you’re doing a snowbird thing this winter or not. If you’re just about finished for this season fine.

I pushed into the 7th year for my tires and blew a rear tire coming back from Florida. Was going to change out the tires upon returning home. Should’ve done it sooner.

Seriously...I Cruise at 62mph. Pass only rarely at speeds nearing 70.

Do yourself a favour...change your tires ASAP. Losing a front at some of the speeds you mention is not going to go well. Trust me.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:27 PM   #37

The coach is parked till next summer. No visible cracking/checking but seriously considering new tires before heading back north. We have homes in both Florida and Maine with hookups for the MH. I set the cruise at 65 most of the time. I would consider slower if I shorten my daily trip miles.

Tags
georgetown