Old 01-23-2015, 09:43 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd-ford-hd View Post
Thanks for posting the most informative comment on the V10. I own three of them. The best hi-hp gas engine ever made. If anyone says their V10 is going up a hill slow, they're not mashin' the gas. The OP asked the question "How much can the V10 handle?" The answer is: A whole lot more than the rest of the rig.!
OK, you win. PM me your address if you like and I send you a limited run Triton V10 Ford's best kept Secret hat.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #32

I tow a gmc canyon and have not felt speed restricted with my 2011 Georgetown going up hill except one time in Wyoming at 11400 feet elevation it pooped out at the camp ground. We left a day early because I could not breathe either.

traveylin

Old 01-31-2015, 06:29 PM   #33

We have a 2013 Georgetown 37 ft motor home. We hope to begin going up to mountains (Wyoming for ex) more frequently. My husband heard he will have trouble towing a car in this motor home and wants to trade it in for a diesel. I would rather have the extra money "to play longer " at camp grounds.

Does anyone have real experience when their triton 10 have real difficulty going up hill?
Old 01-31-2015, 06:58 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puglover View Post
We have a 2013 Georgetown 37 ft motor home. We hope to begin going up to mountains (Wyoming for ex) more frequently. My husband heard he will have trouble towing a car in this motor home and wants to trade it in for a diesel. I would rather have the extra money "to play longer " at camp grounds.

Does anyone have real experience when their triton 10 have real difficulty going up hill?
Save your money..!! You will notice a decrease in power at 10,000 ft above sea level. How often do you think you will be at that altitude. The highest KOA in the country (Cripple Creek, CO) is at 10,000 feet and I had no trouble at all with our V10. Oh yeah, right now diesel fuel is a $1.00 a gallon higher than gasoline everywhere I've been lately.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:20 PM   #35

Thanks. Even if we have to take the car off the trailer and I follow him, in the big picture, it will be only a small fraction of the time.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:19 AM   #36

Smile v10

I have never been passed by a diesel going up any grade. This also means I have passed many diesels along the way. Just floor it and be amazed and save a lot of money.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:38 PM   #37

Has anyone encountered a hill they could not handle with the V10 and a tow behind? I have been told there are grades around Denver my V10 would not be able to negotiate.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:41 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puglover View Post

Honestly Puglover you have my same feelings.
Save the money and tell your DH to slow down and its no race to the next campground.
Towing a small car behind any Georgetown is easy.
Have fun!

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:47 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post
Has anyone encountered a hill they could not handle with the V10 and a tow behind? I have been told there are grades around Denver my V10 would not be able to negotiate.
Bill
No Bill I have not and I have been around the US driving my Georgetown and toad. The steepest grade I have encountered was 12 or 14% grade and that was heading east into Jackson Hole Wyoming after I took a shortcut over the Teton Pass. I think that was about 9,000 ft. To this day my wife still laughs about my shortcut.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:46 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post

Bill

I will let you know how the v10 does as we will be going right through that area from North end to the south end, very soon.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums