Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #1

How to remove your KII hub caps and bolt covers

Kaper II Lug Nuts
How to remove the lug nuts on the KII wheel covers.
NOTE: This is not for Aluminum Rims but hubcaps over steel rims

Even if you will never to do this yourself, you need to know how so a tech at a tire store does not tear up your wheel covers.
There are two “nuts” on each cover that have dents in them. They look like this.

Place the Mothership supplied tool over these “lug nuts” and turn.

After both “lug nuts” are removed the wheel cover can be taken off.

If your “lug nut” is a bit short, you can use the Mothership supplied Allen wrench to extend it. About half-way on the real lug and half way in the faux lug nut is about right.

Here is the actual web location that I found this.
The Lazy Daze Companion: Kaper II Lug Nuts
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #2

Thanks for this post. I'm trying to change my valve stems on the outboard rims so I can install TPMS. The pics will definitely help me. I purchased my unit used and didn't come with a tool to take the 2 caps off.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

I might be wrong here, but on my rig, there are three (3) of the fake nut covers ( the ones with the dents) to remove to get to the real lug nuts. Mine are the 19.5 inch wheels.

Just sayin'

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
I might be wrong here, but on my rig, there are three (3) of the fake nut covers ( the ones with the dents) to remove to get to the real lug nuts. Mine are the 19.5 inch wheels.

Just sayin'
You have hubcaps ? Maybe it should say 3.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 05:00 PM   #5

Any info where I could buy some lug nut securing the wheel cover? I need to replace 3 of them.

Thanks
Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 08:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
Any info where I could buy some lug nut securing the wheel cover? I need to replace 3 of them.

Thanks
I have the 19.5 inch wheels and I bought two replacement Jam Nuts directly from Kaper, by calling customer service. This was back in 2018 and they were $7.73 a piece back then...Part Number L-195.
WayneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:04 AM   #7

2 or 3

The KII that came with my 2017 had 3 of the wheel cover nuts/bolts to attach. When I had to replace them (reason not significant for here), I purchased 4 wheelcovers from a third party.

Unfortunately, the replacements use only 2. No big deal you say, but like most Chinese crap and frankly, RV stuff in general, the quality is crap and I hear the driver's side wheelcover flex as I drive. Every thing is ok, just an annoying snapping sound at slower speeds when the tire/road noise is at a low volume.

My suggestion is to ensure replacements use 3, not 2 nuts. I can't believe I just "endorsed" KII garbage.
270S is offline   Reply With Quote