Old 08-21-2012, 05:43 AM   #11
Originally Posted by 2011George.360 View Post
I purchased a new 2011 George 360. Hope I don't have that issue. You coming to the FROG rally in August ? Wonder what Forest River would think ....

Yea I purchased the 2012 360 I really hope they did away with these small screws seems really sloppy.

Joeprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #12
CLASS "A" Senior Member
I emailed the link to this posting to John Armstrong, April Connor, and Dan Evans at FR. Don't know if they will look at it but I gave them the chance to see what's happening to some of the coaches produced at FR.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
Georgetown side wall bolts sheared off- and a fix!

We have FR Georgetown 350 - gaser 2009. While traveling in New England in 2011, there were scraping sounds coming from the driver's side wall and then a bang and the wall separated from the floor. My husband checked it out upon our return, saw that the screws had broken off. We contacted the Camping World we bought it from and were told that it was not covered under warranty. So my husband replaced the 3 broken off screws with 6 new screws. This year, in June, the "fix" broke again on drivers side. We were not too concerned and continued our trip. In Aug, in Canada, the passenger side started making odd sounds and two days later a big bang, bang and the wall separated from the floor and I could see the ground below as we went down the hiway. We continued towards the US and in the next few days we could see the dashboard moving from side to side; our chairs we wobbling up and down, there was a snapping sound in the cap, the front door would not close properly, we had a short in the outlets in the cab and the dashboard started to crack. Upon arriving in Bellingham, WA, we contacted a CW who told us it was not covered under warranty. I asked for FR's number and contacted them with a detailed message. We continued towards CA very slowly and the next day FR contacted us and said it was covered and asked us to go to Indiana. That was not possible, so they hooked us up with a repair facility in Fontana, CA. We took our RV there and 6 hours later it was fixed. We were in CA for 9 days and then headed east towards FL our home. On day 4, in TX, the driver's side snapped again. On day 5, in LA, the passenger side snapped again. Contacted FR and they hooked up up with a repair facility in Ocala, FL and that is where the RV is now. Repairs are done but they are awaiting the strip that goes on outside. Question - what guarantee do we have that this will not happen again?
wingardc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
No guarantee at all. From prior posts in this thread, the best solution is to not use screws to repair the problem. Ask the repair facility to drill out the screw holes, drill the holes through the floor rail that the sidewall is attached to and use stainless steel bolts, nuts, lockwashers, and I'd even add some Loctite on the threads to make sure nothing will come loose again. Stainless steel bolts are much stronger than the same sized mild steel ones that are commonly available.

pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
Thanks cfsoistman for sending this proplem some owners have with there sidewall comming loose to Forest River I,m sure many owners will watch this thread to see what Forest River will be doing about this .Please keep us posted
RED Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #16
Is this only a problem with the side walls from the front of the rig extending to just behind the driver and passenger seats, about 6ft or so? My 2011 330TS has a bad rattle mid-ship which sounds like it is coming from the floor area under the dinette slide (curbside). The dealer is going to go into the floor from underneath the slide, through the basement so to speak after the camping season ends in November in my neck of the woods.
2011 Georgetown 330TS
RAV4 on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #17
Georgetown structure issues

Sounds like we are not alone in this issue with the interior walls breaking free and having lots of fresh air rush into the RV along with a view of the great outdoors thru the gaps created with stuff breaking. We are to have our driver side repaired under warranty but I'm a bit concerned that the repair will be done correctly. The dealer told us that it would be rather extensive and would take several weeks.They said they would need guidance from Forest River. The bump out on the driver side bump out rivets were popping apart . The dealer fixed it twice but since the last fix it makes all kinds of thumping noises as we are traveling. We love our RV. Sounds like FR will take care of us. Besides this and the seats not wearing well we are very happy. We travel about once a month so it gets used hard. Hope you all have a satisfactory repair.
January Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #18
The wall is supposed to be attached to the steel frame that supports the floor. If there's a gap, you can easily fill it with foam but that's not a repair. The screws that hold the wall to the frame probably came loose which allowed the wall to pull free. When this occurs at the front of the RV, it allows the front of the coach to bounce up and down, independent of the lower frame which will only make the condition worse. The correct fix for this problem is to get the wall tightly attached to the steel framing so that it doesn't come loose again.

pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #19
This problem was found about a month after purchase.There is no movement over in that area.I will look it over again next time I visit the mh.
2016 Concord

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #20
Eric 52,
How's your repair holding up?
We are dealing with Forest River and our warranty dealer Grumbines in Harrisburg PA today with this issue of our 2007 GTX toy hauler. Seems that both left and right walls are detaching. They told us that this would be covered under warranty since it is structural.
We like your fix and thought about letting both these parties see your repair. We question the long term repair of just replacing the self taping screws that it came with from factory. It seems obvious that these screws are unable to hold up under the demands of weight and movement.

January Storm is offline   Reply With Quote