Old 01-10-2014, 12:33 AM   #31

Well it looks like the problem started in 2008 from the posts here. Anyone with anything older having a problem out there? Mine is a 340SE 06 took a look and it seems all tight, has 31000 on it.

jergeod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:16 PM   #32
eyc

Has anyone performed this repair by gaining access to the rails from under their rig. Not sure if I have an issue but last year my electrical socket shorted while driving at highway speeds with the generator on. I also had to have a crack repaired on the front cap that no one could explain how it cracked. I really would like to not pull the carpet up, but I suspect I may have this issue as well.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #33

Not sure you can reach from below, with thick floor insulation, structure, piping and cabling runs helter skelter and hidden steel works in the foam. Easier from the top.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:54 PM   #34
eyc

Well it's confirmed the passenger sidewall has separated. The problem is I am in route to my vacation spot, and it's my 25th wedding anniversary so I would really hate to have to turn around. I am heading to Charlestown SC. from Baltimore. Should I be worried that the wall could come completely off or is this something I can address when I return. This really does suck, last year I had to have the roof replaced because it was falling apart.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #35
eyc

Georgetown side wall bolts sheared off- and a fix!

Ok, we're half way to our destination. I pulled into a camp ground for the night after noticing I had a short in the front wall socket. Looked into pulling the molding off of the wall but noticed a clip is holding it on. Any one ever remove one of these moldings. If I can not get it off I am going to have to turn around.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #36

The bolts broke on the drivers side of my 350 on the way home from Florida. There was a half inch gap between the firewall and sidewall where they meet the cap .(picture 1-2) The bolts also broke along the wall to the living room slide. I contacted April Connor and Forest River approved Arlington rv to do the fix with larger screws. I stressed my concerns about just adding new screws and closing up the gap, I was worried cause something else will shift.(pictures 3-4). I now have a half inch gap between the windshield and dashboard that was not there before repair.(picture 5) Is the passenger side that is still fine. Forest River claims it did not have anything to do with them shifting the sidewall with larger screws.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-11_17-37-27_954.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	71531   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-11_17-30-35_853.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	71532   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-07_16-37-37_589.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	71533   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-07_16-38-15_682.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	71534   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-07_16-40-40_561.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	264.3 KB
ID:	71535  

Old 06-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked11272 View Post
The bolts broke on the drivers side of my 350 on the way home from Florida. There was a half inch gap between the firewall and sidewall where they meet the cap .(picture 1-2) The bolts also broke along the wall to the living room slide. I contacted April Connor and Forest River approved Arlington rv to do the fix with larger screws. I stressed my concerns about just adding new screws and closing up the gap, I was worried cause something else will shift.(pictures 3-4). I now have a half inch gap between the windshield and dashboard that was not there before repair.(picture 5) Is the passenger side that is still fine. Forest River claims it did not have anything to do with them shifting the sidewall with larger screws.
The repair guy should have winched the floor framing back to square before applying the new bolts. In other works its like a box with no lid or bottom, it will easily skew out of square. They should have squared up first. It shouldn't get any worse unless more bolts in the frame fail also.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #38

That is correct, that is why Arlington rv suggested that the coach should be transported back to the factory to be repaired properly but the factory had them do it. The warranty manager at Arlington assured me that Forest River sent them instructions on how to fix it. I am trying to get instructions from them, now they say there were no instructions sent. I also contacted Forest river and they also have no record of instructions on how to fix the issue, and will not take responsibility for not taking the proper steps repair the coach. I'm in the process of contacting the BBB.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #39

Has anyone reported this to NHTSA? I would hope this would fall under a vehicle safety issue. If you are driving down the highway and you vehicle is falling apart around you, it's a BIG safety issue.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:25 PM   #40
Arvicru

Has anybody tried have this covered under warranty as a second owner?

Arvicru is offline   Reply With Quote