Old 07-28-2016, 10:07 AM   #81

Wow

I have been looking long and hard @ the Georgetown XL. After reading the "wall" problem, not so sure now. I'm sure FR "knows" they have a problem! Someone from FR needs to post on here to assure future buyers that this has been dealt with and will NOT happen to newer models. This also , for me a safety hazard.
I viewed a Winnebaggo video on how they make their motorhomes and they bolt their front seats to steel, by the look of the FIX, looks like wood to me. Looks like particle board? Really?

Old 07-31-2016, 08:19 AM   #82

Get a Winnebago or I'll sell you my Georgetown for cheap

Old 07-31-2016, 12:02 PM   #83

Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi3088 View Post
Get a Winnebago or I'll sell you my Georgetown for cheap
Since I have looked @ 7 different Motorhomes, I really liked the Georgetown XL. So I wanted to learn more about whether people liked their Motorhome. And this is the only forum I have been on, I can't believe ALL the problems & troubles people are having with 1 Their Motorhome, 2 with their dealers, 3 with getting warranty work done! Seems to me if someone is paying in the price range of over a $100,000 +, better OC? Better management?
I understand that you will have some sort of problems, but we people have a list with 10, 15, or 20 things on a BRAND NEW Motorhome, to me that is totally unacceptable. Plus it takes weeks and weeks for things to be repaired!
I posted somewhere else in this forum, if these companies made airplanes we would all be in trouble!
Old 07-31-2016, 12:25 PM   #84
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Forums are generally a place for people to gather that are looking for solutions to problems. Those that don't have problems generally never make it here. Then, there is another set that will nit pick everything to death and will never be completely satisfied no matter what the outcome. You will find this in every forum regardless of the topic. Do your due diligence and make a decision off that. I've had the smallest of issues on my Georgetown. (Broken blind bracket and a broken E-track on the slide). I've put 9k+ miles on it since Nov and will put 3k more before summer is up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:26 PM   #85

^^ exactly. People that don't have problems would have no reason to seek out this forum..

However, if your purchasing, this forum can give you onsite on things to look for
Old 07-31-2016, 02:36 PM   #86

Just because we....

Don't hear from them doesn't mean they too are not having problems? For what we are paying for these motohomes, WAY to many problems as far as I see. No QC, and lacking in good management. If they were putting out quality work they would offer a longer warranty, IMHO.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:14 PM   #87
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars36 View Post
Don't hear from them doesn't mean they too are not having problems? For what we are paying for these motohomes, WAY to many problems as far as I see. No QC, and lacking in good management. If they were putting out quality work they would offer a longer warranty, IMHO.

Honestly, for what to paid for my motorhome, I got exactly what I thought I paid for. I got a quality unit, that hasn't had any major problems, but I didn't get the half million dollar unit that I didn't pay for. Maybe my expectations for a $150k unit isn't as high as others.

2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:14 PM   #88

Very happy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Honestly, for what to paid for my motorhome, I got exactly what I thought I paid for. I got a quality unit, that hasn't had any major problems, but I didn't get the half million dollar unit that I didn't pay for. Maybe my expectations for a $150k unit isn't as high as others.

Well I'm glad after you have paid $150,000 you got a Quality unit. Wish everyone would, would save lots of heart aches, time and money. I'll pray your walls don't start pulling away from the frame, totally unacceptable in my book!
Old 08-09-2016, 12:04 AM   #89

wall to frame separated

Well same thing happen to me. I have a 2012 Georgetown with 30k on it. Have always have had noises and squeaks since new, just thought that the way it was to be. My wife & I took a trip this last summer to the Pacific Northwest. Hit some bumps and dips along the way, but while I was waiting at a signal, I notice that I could see the asphalt below, about a 3/4in. gap between the side and the floorboard by my foot. I also found a Lowe's as soon as I could. I took off the trim on the drivers side and found all 5 1/4x20 self tapping screws sheared off. You can't replace the screws with another one because the sheared off piece is still in the frame and can't be drilled out. I ended up getting blue concrete self tapping screws and installed 11 new screws in that section. I checked it at every stop for 4k and everything was good, however we were almost home, when my wife tells me that she now sees the road below. When we got home, I took the trim off her side and found 6 out 10 screws sheared off. I now have 17 screws in that section.

I really do think that Forest Rivers has a problem, that maybe someday will end up killing someone.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:15 AM   #90

"I really do think that Forest Rivers has a problem, that maybe someday will end up killing someone."

EXACTLY!