Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #1

How to run 2 sat recvrs in the GT 360

We have the Winegard Trav'ler for Shaw Direct.
The wiring in the Georgetown motorhomes is something to be desired and it seems there is no pattern to how they are done. After much time testing I realized that if I wanted to run two sat recievers i.e. one for the front and one for the rear,that I would have to be innovative. My way is simple and saves messing around with the GT wiring installed at the factory.
First I ran coax from under the hood up the passenger side . The windshield trim comes off easy and there is room there for a coax cable. Make sure you use RG6 cable. Once you have the cable at roof level is easy to route it to the centre cabinet where the wiring from the dish comes in. Then I installed a plate in the middle cabinet with a coax fitting on it. Under the hood I installed a weather tight box where this cable connects into. So now I have a connection from the upper cabinet to this box under the hood. Then I ran coax from the box under the hood along the coach to the rear and came up into the motorhome where the generator is located. In the bedroom right next to the connections on the wall (on the side of the closet) I installed another plate with a coax fitting. I fished the coax up between the wall (ample room for this) and connected it to the back of the wall plate. Now all we have to do is connect the sat reciever to this wall plate and we have sat tv. This way it runs totally independant of all of the up front wiring and switching. I should mention that when they plugged in the bedroom tv's at the factory they just plugged cables in where ever they would fit and I had to get in behind and move some of the wires to different inputs to make things work. This
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:40 PM   #2

Would you have any photos of this procedure, I have been racking my brain how to re work the wiring, to enable the bedroom tv to operate separately on Sat.