Old 12-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #11

Well Ditto to everyone that their rig wants to do a "wheelie" when auto leveling. When leveling manually I think it pretty much sucks that you can go jacks down but if you go to far you can't independently jack up to fine tune each jack, you have to retract all jacks and start all over again. HHW system on my old Allegro was a much better system in my opinion. That being said, I intend to do the manual "set level" procedure in the spring so the auto system is truly auto.

sherman12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #12

Here is the way to setup your panel to a zero/level point.
After setting it the panel will know what is a true level so it can then raise or lower acordingly.

It is in the manual but I have a picture copy of the page.
See attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zero_Level.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	22299  

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #13

Iggy, mine raises the front off the ground even on a level pad. I have calibrated the system per the manual, but it did not seem to help. It seems like it just over compensates for everything. When it was under warranty the dealer said it was "working as designed" according to Lippert. My solution: Manual leveling.

Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #14

Here is the manual leveling procedure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Manual_Levelling.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	22304  

Old 12-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
Tim & Lisa Trempert

For those of you having trouble with the front or back wheels coming off the ground when using the autoleveler, it's important that you have your unit on a totally level pad when you put the jacks down manually to set the zero level point. Also, only put the jacks down far enough to get level and not farther. My experience has been that the zero level point not only measures level, but how far down the jacks go to get to level on a level pad.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
For those of you having trouble with the front or back wheels coming off the ground when using the autoleveler, it's important that you have your unit on a totally level pad when you put the jacks down manually to set the zero level point. Also, only put the jacks down far enough to get level and not farther. My experience has been that the zero level point not only measures level, but how far down the jacks go to get to level on a level pad.
Good points. Thanks

Old 12-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #17

I all ways use the manual on my george town 378.The auto raises coach up to high.I open the bed room door when I level ,the bubble is not level with counter top,so I adjust so the bed room door will not swing.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by manvel View Post
I all ways use the manual on my george town 378.The auto raises coach up to high.I open the bed room door when I level ,the bubble is not level with counter top,so I adjust so the bed room door will not swing.
Hope the walls are straight!! LOL
Old 12-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL 378 View Post
Hey everybody, I also wondered if your levelers make a cracking noise everyday as you sit there? Seems my front left one does it more than the others. Does this happen to any of you?
I had it once, rear passenger near bath. Turned out to be in spring or suspension pivots. If jack leaks it won't stop that easy.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #20
Anacortesians

I used auto-level just once - frightened me almost to death! My driveway is pretty much level, just enough slope to drain the stormwater away. When we first got the MH, I parked it on the driveway, put a 12" spirit level on the bottom of the fridge and worked the hydraulics until the fridge was level.

I then stuck two of the el-cheapo CW level gauges on the center TV console (transverse axis) and on the driver's side window (longitudinal axis). I can use manual level and get it set up in less than 2 minutes.

If the site we get is too far out of level when we pull in, we ask for another one or go look for another CG.