Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #1

How well do your levellers work?

Just curious to hear how everyone levels their Georgetown.
It seems that my front is always lower than my back by 3" to 4".
And when on a level area it still wants to raise the front off the ground.

Have you experiensed this?

I just may have to ZERO my control panel so it know where level is.
Have you done this?
Let me know how you do it.

Thanks
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #2

We have a 2008 Georgetown 374 and the levelers since day one try to raise the front tires off the ground regardless of the pad/ground..levelness!

I do not think a solution exists......

George
ynott96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #3

Smile

Iggy, Bummers big time.. Ours on the Ceder Creek is probably the same concept, I can raise ours right off the ground using the manual mode, Auto level works like a charm. Are you sure it's not stuck in manual mode?
Hope you get it squared away.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #4

The answer may be one of these but I was just asking to see what others have done if they have this issue.

1. The panel needs to be reset as per manual so it know what level really is.
Their is a procedure to do this which I plan to try in the near future but you must be on a truely level area to start with.

2. I have been told that the Georgetown is more nose down normally and it must always raise the front higher than the rear.

Not a big problem but like to see if this is a common accurance with others?
Old 12-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #5

Iggy -

I've always had the same problem, but mine continues to try to level until it's way too high, in my opinion. Earlier, you suggested I learn how to zero my levelers, which I intend to do. You may want to do the same.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #6

I use "manual" on the leveling system. Using a bubble level sitting on the kitchen counter I lower the rear jacks till the rear just begins to lift then lower the front until the bubble level indicates "level". Then level side to side. The "auto" portion of the leveling system wanted to lift the rear wheels off the ground and that is a no-no!
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #7

After 6 months I got fed up with the auto level settings I had, ya know puddles in the shower, crooked omelets an tilted brownies (DW). Anyway I used a 18" level on the counter, using jacks in manual leveled the rig pretty easy. Shut down jack system, restart but don't press man or auto. Use instruction in Lippert book or online guide at LCI1.com. Once complete, restart system and retract jacks. Then use auto and it should bring it right back to good level without excessive extension. Mine has worked since zero close to a dozen times already, big improvement. If you goof with the many key presses you can shut the system down and start over, you're still level. Its worth the time to get it set.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #8

Iggy,
I have a 2007 Georgton and it always wants to lift the frony wheels off the ground. I am anxiuos to hear about whaat you lear.

Charlie and Joan Monckton
3309 S. All Hallows Ave.
Wichita, Kansas
Wichitalineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #9

Hey Iggy, as you know I have a 2013 XL and I have the same problem, sometimes the rear wheel comes off the ground but usually the front comes off the ground about 5 to 6 inches. And this is on a fairly level area. Never tried to level manually. Sometimes I drop it back down and redevelop it and it works better.
XL 378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #10

Hey everybody, I also wondered if your levelers make a cracking noise everyday as you sit there? Seems my front left one does it more than the others. Does this happen to any of you?
XL 378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #11

Well Ditto to everyone that their rig wants to do a "wheelie" when auto leveling. When leveling manually I think it pretty much sucks that you can go jacks down but if you go to far you can't independently jack up to fine tune each jack, you have to retract all jacks and start all over again. HHW system on my old Allegro was a much better system in my opinion. That being said, I intend to do the manual "set level" procedure in the spring so the auto system is truly auto.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #12

Here is the way to setup your panel to a zero/level point.
After setting it the panel will know what is a true level so it can then raise or lower acordingly.

It is in the manual but I have a picture copy of the page.
See attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zero_Level.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	22299  
Old 12-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #13

Iggy, mine raises the front off the ground even on a level pad. I have calibrated the system per the manual, but it did not seem to help. It seems like it just over compensates for everything. When it was under warranty the dealer said it was "working as designed" according to Lippert. My solution: Manual leveling.

Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #14

Here is the manual leveling procedure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Manual_Levelling.jpg
Views:	772
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	22304  
Old 12-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
Tim & Lisa Trempert

For those of you having trouble with the front or back wheels coming off the ground when using the autoleveler, it's important that you have your unit on a totally level pad when you put the jacks down manually to set the zero level point. Also, only put the jacks down far enough to get level and not farther. My experience has been that the zero level point not only measures level, but how far down the jacks go to get to level on a level pad.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
For those of you having trouble with the front or back wheels coming off the ground when using the autoleveler, it's important that you have your unit on a totally level pad when you put the jacks down manually to set the zero level point. Also, only put the jacks down far enough to get level and not farther. My experience has been that the zero level point not only measures level, but how far down the jacks go to get to level on a level pad.
Good points. Thanks
Old 12-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #17

I all ways use the manual on my george town 378.The auto raises coach up to high.I open the bed room door when I level ,the bubble is not level with counter top,so I adjust so the bed room door will not swing.
manvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by manvel View Post
I all ways use the manual on my george town 378.The auto raises coach up to high.I open the bed room door when I level ,the bubble is not level with counter top,so I adjust so the bed room door will not swing.
Hope the walls are straight!! LOL
Old 12-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL 378 View Post
Hey everybody, I also wondered if your levelers make a cracking noise everyday as you sit there? Seems my front left one does it more than the others. Does this happen to any of you?
I had it once, rear passenger near bath. Turned out to be in spring or suspension pivots. If jack leaks it won't stop that easy.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #20
Anacortesians

I used auto-level just once - frightened me almost to death! My driveway is pretty much level, just enough slope to drain the stormwater away. When we first got the MH, I parked it on the driveway, put a 12" spirit level on the bottom of the fridge and worked the hydraulics until the fridge was level.

I then stuck two of the el-cheapo CW level gauges on the center TV console (transverse axis) and on the driver's side window (longitudinal axis). I can use manual level and get it set up in less than 2 minutes.

If the site we get is too far out of level when we pull in, we ask for another one or go look for another CG.