Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #11
Originally Posted by blightle View Post
I just read this old thread. I just experienced this same problem. Slide outs would not retract. When I would press the rocker switch to bring them in, they just kept moving out until fully extended. Fortunately I reached a tech at Lippert within about 8 minutes. He told me that I blew the diodes in the wiring harness and walked me through the workaround that VinceU earlier in the thread described. I now have a new wiring harness with new diodes on order for $150. My voltage was very low (still resolving that issue) around 8.5 volts and he said that if you try to operate the slides at that low of voltage, the amps are increased significantly and it blows the diodes - that certainly would have been nice to know beforehand. Anyone ever heard of the low voltage causing the diodes to blow? Also, I see a black box on the outside of the wiring harness by the pump. About2.5 inches long and 3/4 inches think. Assume the diodes are inside but the box is sealed. Once I get the new harness on and working, I plan to crack open this old one to see if the diodes could actually be replaced (Lippert said they could not). Anyone every try to replace the diodes?
Heres the hermetically sealed "box" exposed! I had these pics in my other thread but just for ready reference here they are again.

!st is the capble itself you see in the middle the "box" has been extracted from the taped spit protection jacket.
2nd is the board itself. The connection side is shown cause it was the easiet to free. The large white wire is switched by a scr or medium transistor, it pairs with the black wire shown at right and opens/closes the reversing fluid solonoid. With measurements I found the white conected all the time, shorted through. A microprocessor was sending a signal to the scr/trans to fire all the time, this will cause all devices to extend, always when a command is given. There are two diodes on the board, they both measured ok. My cable failed on a jack retract, probalbly the lowest load of all with the weight of the coach assisting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chip.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	22062   Click image for larger version

Name:	cable.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	22063  

VinceU is online now   Reply With Quote