Old 06-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #1
Hydraulic Jacks Info Needed

I'm having some issues with my leveling jacks on our 2004 Georgetown 359TS and I have hit a couple of walls in my troubleshooting that I could use some help with:

1. Where is the hydraulic fluid reservoir?

2. Were are the circuit brakers and/or fuses for the jacks

This past weekend I lifted the jacks at home, drove about 2 hours to the campground and the jacks wouldn't go down. Power light comes on at the controller but the "jacks fully retracted" light isn't on like normal and when I press any of the buttons nothing happens. Parking brake was set, I tried engine on and engine off, house batteries on and off, coach in park, etc...etc. Up to now they have worked fine.

When we first bought the coach there was a limit switch issue and the dealer fixed that, but even then the jacks still worked, it's just that the fully retracted light didn't work. Now I get nothing at all.

Someone said to check for a blown fuse or tripped breaker, as well as the fluid level, but I don't know where to check any of this stuff so if there are any 359TS owners out there any guidence you could provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

daoelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:33 PM   #2
hmmmmm. Well, we had an issue last year with ours (ended up being a short in the jack motor) but the breakers were in our house battery compartment - and they were tripped. When reset, they would trip again because of the motor short.

They were 2 red switches on the far wall of the battery compartment - but we have a different coach than you unfortunately.....but they may be in a similar location.

Good luck!!

2015 Georgetown 351DS
Chris, Garren (humans)
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:46 PM   #3
I don't have your coach either but my hyd unit is on drivers side in one of the compartments you may find a carpeted box with a screw in the top center remove the screw and fold down the front. That is where my hyd unit is. Breakers are under the steps where the house batteries are. Hope this might help.
George & Jerri
06 GT 340 TSSE
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:57 PM   #4
I have a 2006 mine is in driver side compartment carpeted box pull down front. Fuses are under step. Also you can try unplugging control it resets the hydro unit good luck

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
msm1827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:57 AM   #5
Hydraulic jacks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1435057004912.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	80825  
dually4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:43 PM   #6
2003 Georgetown 325
I have a 2003 Georgetown 325S. My reservoir is on the right side about half way down in the basement. It is covered as described by others in its own cabinet. Undue the screw and remove the cover. Just for nuts, take the cap off the reservoir and put your finger in there and see where the oil level is. Make sure all the jack cylinders are fully retracted. If you have to put your whole finger in before feeling oil you need to add. DO NO ADD WITH CYLINDERS EXTENDED! Check to see if there is any obvious wet areas around the hoses etc. Just some suggestions as I have had similar problems in the past
reddiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:01 PM   #7
I've got a 2015 Georgetown. Just last week, as we were getting ready to leave the campground for home, the jacks stuck in the down position after they had overextended. (I learned the hard way that the book says not to let the jacks hold any wheels off the ground.) Regardless of the cause, there are two circuit breakers just to the left of the fuse box above the coach batteries. They are odd looking things. When tripped, a red blade pops out of the side. Simply push it back in and you should be on your way. PS - As I learned flying B-52s, NEVER reset a circuit breaker more than twice...especially when you're 38,000' over the middle of the Pacific ocean!
2015 GT 364TSF
Vince and Charlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:05 AM   #8
Smile Issue Solved

Thanks to all for the information.

While looking for the circuit breakers I decided to check the battery terminal connections. When I grabbed the positive wires on the coach battery they pulled completely out with hardly any pressure at all. I cleaned them up, stripped off a bit moe insulation and put them back in the clamp and tightened everything back up. POOF, the jacks work again. Strange thing is that I had no trouble at all starting the coach but I guess the jack motor(s) are very sensitive to power.
daoelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:41 AM   #9
Glad you found the problem. I have a 2005 359ts and I am always careful to have shore power or generator running before I operate jacks or hydraulic slides.

They use lots of power and will trip breaker if power is low.

By the way, the engine uses a different battery so it will start even if house batteries are low.

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote

hydraulic, jacks