Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #1

hydraulic leak in new slide system pump

Dealer had to add fluid to pump tank when we took delivery; yesterday, found puddle under pump area...access is easy under the entry step...I'll troubleshoot this week.
levendoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #2

I have A hydraulic leak right now on my main slide piston.Lazydays in Tampa has one on order for me among other failed parts. When I owned my fleetwood product most rv repair shops would do thier work. Shops where I inquired say they have a hard time getting paid by FR. Lazydays is pretty good. Good luck!
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #3

Plastic tank? Take a wrench ans snug up the bolts holding the tank to the pump. That should take care of your problem.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #4

If it under warranty, let your dealer do it. If not, check the fittings. One of our fittings going to one of the slides was leaking when we got ours. Tighten all of them and had no problems since. i leave a paper towel on the floor of the pump housing to see if any leaks occure while were traveling. FR says to keep the tank at 1 inch from the top full when all of the slides are in and jacks are up. That way the pump can work effectively without getting any air in the lines.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:17 AM   #5

plastic tank?

yes it is plastic...thanks.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #6

B & E rv service

FR referred me to B & E in Ocala...leak was repaired while I waited...very positive experience...their phone is 352 401 7930 & mobile service is available.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #7

still leaks

Just returned from 1st trip since repairs...it's still leaking so friend suggested repair shop in Leesburg which is closer...off again.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #8

coach back @ B & E

they told me they have 2 others with same problem...when I arrived, they were working on 2 Georgetowns...I left it with them...at least they know the product.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #9

I have 2010 Georgetown 373 and also have a hydraulic leak. The return lines on the Lippert hydraulic system are orange and have blistered and one to a rear jack is leaking. Lippert says Forest River installed the lines. The repair shop I have it at says it's a lower pressure line and should have the higher pressure black hoses on both the supply and return. The rig is out of warrenty and I'm currently trying to get Forest River to cover the repairs.
condo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #10

Hydraulic leak Georgetown 378

Went to Lazydays yesterday to get my main slide piston which had been on order for about 3 weeks replaced. The tech replaced it and found that the new part leaked worse than the old one. Back to square 1!
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
Plastic tank? Take a wrench ans snug up the bolts holding the tank to the pump. That should take care of your problem.

I recently took delivery of a 2010 GT 320DS. Spotted some drippings under the coach and sure enough, HYDRAULIC FLUID leaking from the plastic Lippert reservoir .. PICS BELLOW....
The Tank to Pump looks dry on mine.. Im not sure were this is coming from unless those tray screws near the back of the tank piereced the reservoir
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040766.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	5303   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040772.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	5304  
SoMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by condo
I have 2010 Georgetown 373 and also have a hydraulic leak. The return lines on the Lippert hydraulic system are orange and have blistered and one to a rear jack is leaking. Lippert says Forest River installed the lines. The repair shop I have it at says it's a lower pressure line and should have the higher pressure black hoses on both the supply and return. The rig is out of warrenty and I'm currently trying to get Forest River to cover the repairs.
had the same problem just had them replace with rubber lines and new ends they tried to just fix the ends but had a big bubble about to burst so the just replace with rubber hoses.
mccorklera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #13

Mine looks okay. I crawled up on top of it and it looks to be an over filled res.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Georgetown-HydralicLeakOutCap1.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	5373   Click image for larger version

Name:	GeorgeTown-HydralicLeakOutCap2.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	5374  
SoMoney is offline   Reply With Quote