Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2008, 07:58 AM   #1

Hydraulic Leveler Switches Mixed Up

I am confused about the operation of the Hydraulic Leveler switches on my 2004 Georgetown 342. Shouldn't the front switch control the front levelers, the right switch the passenger side front/rear, the left switch the driver side front/rear and the rear swich the rear levelers? On mine, the front switch runs both front levelers up or down, but the right switch controls the rear drivers side only, the left switch controls the rear passenger side only, and the rear switch (or lower switch) also controls the rear passenger side only. I have not pulled the switch panel to see if something is crossed, but can anyone shed any light on my dilemma?
Thanx.
LANDYAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
Roy

Switch control

Yes your wires are probably switched. I have the identical unit and had the factory do a switch of the wires while it was still under warranty.

The top switch should lower and raise the front jacks . The driver's side switch only controls the jacks on the driver's side and the passenger side switch should only control the jacks on the passenger side.

While trying to get mine to work in all down mode, I flipped the 80 amp breaker for them that is hidden under the entry step just to the left of the coach batteries. Forest River had no reference to this breaker in any info from them.

The Lippert website has good info on these jacks and also your slideouts.
www.lippertcomponents.com

Roy
2004 Georgetown 342
Leamington, Ontario, Canada
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #3

Thanx for the reply, Roy. Were your wires misconnected from the factory when it was new? If so, sounds like a common problem. Is the miswire at the control panel? I bought this MH last fall. I can't believe the original owner would not have corrected it. It's sure frustrating trying to level everything the way it's working. Thanx also for the link to Lippert.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:23 AM   #4

Roy, just a follow-up. I looked at the Lippert Website, but the manuals for the systems did not match mine. I don't have the automatic electronic leveling. My switches are rocker-switches, including the Red Power Switch which also doubles as the emergency retract. I guess I'll have to look to see if it is a Lippert or another brand.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
Roy

Your description of your control panel sounds like it is like mine......
Your panel should have the letters LCI on the front. I have also seen ones in 2004 with the name Dewald on them but they were the same units.

Mine are manually operated ...not automatic.
I really don't know where the mixup was with the wiring but I think?? it was at the panel.

The manual I got from the Forest River factory in 2004 was from Lippert.
It is titled : Operating and Service Manual for LCI's Motorizes Slide Assemblies and Manually Operated Electronic Leveling Control Systems featuring "DOPS" an Integrated Electronic Drive Off Protection System

I have found over the years that this hydraulic system sometimes has "a mind of it's own"......if the fluid level is low in the reservoir or the batteries are not charged sufficiently. Roy
Old 06-04-2008, 06:51 AM   #6

I'm not sure if I have LCI or Dewald from Power Drive Systems. My control panel looks like the DN12558 although the jacks have round bases instead of square. http://www.powergearus.com/DATA/oper...g%20system.pdf
I tried to do a search for the manual you mentioned, but no luck.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
Roy

Mine (LCI) looks identical to DN12558 and my jacks have round bases but the reservoir is not in the same position as the Dewald.
My manual states that on the pump harness brown wire is for front jacks; blue for driver side rear jack; gray for passenger side rear jack; purple for pump extend and orange for pump retract .
Old 06-05-2008, 06:56 AM   #8

Thanx for the info Roy. I did a search for that manual name you gave me on the Lippert Website, but no luck. Maybe I'll email or call them and try to get a copy. All the other manuals reference the LCI Panel that looks nothing like mine. If you have any other info, you can email me at neycrob@ameritech.net
Old 06-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #9

I've been in contact with Service and Warranty at Lippert. He emailed me a copy of the manual. He also told me to take some pictures of the manifold wiring and hoses and send them to him. He'll check them out and let me know if he sees anything peculiar.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #10

Leveler Manual

If you have a copy of that manual, can you send it to me please.

roncole54@hotmail.com
dlanoreloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:57 AM   #11

I have the same problem what was the reason?
Bob
Robert Strobeck is offline   Reply With Quote