Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #1

Unhappy I bent my left rear jack

I parked my 378 in my driveway in the same place as I did since I owned the coach. This time when I went to leave I pressed my retract button and my jacks down light eventualy went out as has happened right along but this time the left rear jack was still down which quickley was bent as it hit a high spot on my driveway. I guess I won't leave untill I get out and look. I guess the only fix is going to be a new jack $$$$
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	38095  
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypal View Post
I parked my 378 in my driveway in the same place as I did since I owned the coach. This time when I went to leave I pressed my retract button and my jacks down light eventualy went out as has happened right along but this time the left rear jack was still down which quickley was bent as it hit a high spot on my driveway. I guess I won't leave untill I get out and look. I guess the only fix is going to be a new jack $$$$

Sorry to hear about your bent leg.
I sometime skip the visual myself. No more.
Here is a link to your replacement leg. I think they are all 8,000 lbs.
Lippert Components RV Parts and Accessories|Stabilizing Jack and Leveling Systems
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	195860-Alum%20Leveling-large.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	38110  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #3

Iggy, thanks for the info. I'm going to order the new jack and have it put on at the truck repair place near me. A $700 mistake.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #4

Bought a new one for 299 on ebay free shipping
Old 08-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #5

195860 8k assembly
Old 08-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
2013 GEORGETOWN 351 DS

The Lippert site instructs you to measure the jack cylinder, they look the same just about 1.5 inches longer on one. Our coach has the 12,000 lbs jacks but they aslo have 7 and 8 available.
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #7

I don't think you need to buy a new one. I bent the two rear pedestal pads up on my 2006 Georgetown (34ft) when I lower them on a concrete parking bumper. They were bent about 45 degrees on one side, the other side was still flat. The hydraulic piston was fine. When I got home I got my air impact wrench and unscrewed the pads. There is one large bolt underneath that holds the pedestal on. Either take it to a machine shop or pound it out at home using a sledge hammer. I did the latter and it went back flat....re-attached it using anti-seize compound. Without an air wrench it would have been hard to get off.
A machine shop would probably charge one hours time.
costello is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bent