Old 07-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #11
E-man, how could it be the dealers fault that the step motor burned out? or that the slide cylinder check valve would fail???? Dealerships do not have crystal balls that they can set on a unit to see what is wrong or what will fail in the next 6 months!!! ANYTHING bought used can and will have problems, by the same token new units go thru a period of adjustment/rework of things that weren't exactly right when built. Sounds like you expect perfection in an imperfect world.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #12

Sounds like you have most of the major issues taken care of and now have a decent rig. Since you have the warranty and they have done a good job of covering the repairs I would hang on to it and enjoy the ride.
The typical lifetime cap formula for a service contract is based on the value of the rig and the cumulative amount of covered repairs and will adjust over time as the value of e rig declines. Basically the service contract provider will not pay cumulative claims in total above and beyond the value of the rig. You may or may not hit this limit over the life of the service contract and you should read your contract to determine your exact formula.
We have a 2008 315 DS LTD that we bought new but it did sit on the dealer's lot for a year so we decided to purchase a service contract. Best $2k we spent and it has almost paid for itself. After the Forest River warranty expired we've had claims for the dash AC, the front coach AC, water heater and some leaking water lines. All covered repairs.
We love our Georgetown and keep up with all the scheduled maintenance and keep it pristine inside and out. We hope to get another 6 years out of her and then upgrade.
Good luck and hopefully you have all the major issues handled.

Bubba & Chiquita + Two Vizslas (Barley and Sophie)
2008 Georgetown 315DS SE LTD
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Sterling All-Terrain Tow Bar - SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
Do What You Like - Like What You Do!
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #13
We have 08 GT 378ST. XLT. A few issues that you are having but so far warranty/extended warranty are covering them. Love the floor plan but sure wish it was a diesel with greater CVGW. Put over 28k miles and no major issues. Right slide tends to drift out. Lip pert said to make sure I changed the fluid ever 36 months. Chassis AC went out. Ford tech said to make sure I run it every month when exercising motor and generator. Looking for Berkshire but are happy with our Georgetown.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #14
Yeah, the warranty company turned out to be fantastic and they covered 98% of everything so far. They already paid more than what I paid for the warranty in the last 3 month. And good old Kevin got the AC working, the slide out working and fixed up the steps and everything works like new. We are taking her out next weekend and will find out if all is well with her.

I also found out that the warranty company will cover a lot of stuff and has a huge limit should I have an issue so for now I'm content with the Rig.

By the way we had the passenger slide creep out on us and we found out that the cylinder was bad and needed to be fixed.
2008 Georgetown 370ts XL
E-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #15
Thanks on the slide. I will get her in soon to get it checked.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #16
What warranty did you purchase?
choots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #17
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Originally Posted by E-man View Post
Well the warranty company to my delight covered all the cost and good old Kevin fixed the slides and the steps in time for us to take RV out for the weekend and both the slide and steps feel solid for the first time. Shoot he even fixed the main slide free of charge. I guess it was 12 inches out out alignment so it starts immediately instead of waiting a few seconds and wondering if it will work. The Ac is next week and the RV should be good for this round. I'm sure I will have a few issues, but I feel that I will be covered as long as I don't hit some type of warranty limit or a major issue that frustrates me.

We are at the beautiful flying flags at Solvang and having a wonderful time this evening.

Thank you good folks.
Nice that the warranty company is taking care of the issues. I see we have the same model although mine is a 2007. Couple things I can across in my 370 is the water heater support was not very supportive at all and I had an electrcial issue as well. Here are the links to each of my posts. If it was me I'd hang on to it. Since you'll have the majority squared away and like you said you really like the layout. It was our primary reason for choosing the Bath & a Half. That and 3 daughters, maximum bathroom space needed . Be safe and

Solved- GT Electrical Nightmares

In case you need the electrical layout.

120 Volt Wiring Diagram Georgetown 370TS

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #18
I think it's called Repair Care, once I get back home I'll double check and correct the thread.

2008 Georgetown 370ts XL
E-man is offline   Reply With Quote