Old 05-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #1

I Need a Vent

NO not a vent for my Georgetown, but a vent to clear my mind about lack of service at my dealer. When we did the PDI on our 2010 Georgetown 330TS we found a list of things that needed to be fixed. No problem says the salesman. So we let them have 2 weeks to correct the items we found because it was March and still cold here in Arkansas and we did not have any trips planned because I am still working until September. They call and to say its ready, bring all your money and lets make a deal. Guess what? You guessed it, not ready. Oh well still end of March and no trips until 10 April so we are still ok. Picked up the RV 7 April to use on our first trip. You guessed it, some of the things that were supposed to fixed was not. Still, we had a good trip and when we returned I called to let them know that we still had some items that needed attention. No problem, bring it on down next week, cause we are booked for this week and we will get you fixed up. Took it back to the dealer, oh by the way did I mention its 75 miles one way? Thats $50 worth of fuel at 8 miles a gallon for a round trip. Anyway, I called last Friday to besure it was ready as promised be fore making the trip. Guess what? Not ready. Still not a big deal, got 1 more week before long week-end holiday. Service guy promised he would start on it Monday morning first thing. Called Wednesday and guess what? Not ready. The reason this time is I was not put on the "Board" and that others were ahead of me. I did not check in with the right person when I took the RV down the last time so to bad so sad. So I went and picked up the RV and let my salesman know that I was NOT a happy camper and after waiting for 30 minutes to get my RV, I was really not a happy camper. Got the RV home and started getting it ready for this week-end and will make the best of it. Guess what? I will take it back again cause I just want it fixed before the warranty is up.
Thanks for letting me vent. I think I may feel better. I know I will feel better after I get set up at the lake with a little Jimmy Buffett and a rum & coke. Happy Memorial Day, and please don't forget our troops.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #2

Damned RV dealers !!!

Old 05-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #3

Venting

I feel your pain. I had a similar problem with another make. It seems that dealers can only focus on one problem. If I had three things wrong they could only manage to fix one at a time. I finally called the manufacturer ; and said I had a local mechanic that could repair the problems and I was too far from a dealer. They approved the repairs; I sent the invoices and they paid for everything. Now , if the fix is easy I just do it myself. Anything major ; it's usually something that is warranted by the supplier so I go to someone that deals with that particular item. Sadly, you have to be a pain in the a"" to get some service departments to do their job. Being nice and understanding nowadays doesn't seem to work.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #4

Damned Dealers is right. I will fix the water leak and the trim, but the dash air and furnace is not something I can take on.
I do know one thing, I WILL enjoy my RV no matter how the dealer treats me. They are not the only game in town. Ha! showed them.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #5

Sorry for the frustration but it isn't surprising to me Roger. This is probably the biggest complaint about RV dealers that I hear about. It is the reason why I went with RVdirect.com and saved myself 17K over my local dealer, because I knew I would never take my rig to them to be fixed because of their lousy reputation. Exactly the same kind of service you are getting. It's pathetic.

Now just before our last trip our refrigerator went out. I sure wasn't going to take it to the FR dealer so I looked for the local Dometic service center. Found one about 25 miles from us who are an independent RV repair facility, not a dealer. While I was on the phone they asked me where I had bought my rig and I told them RVdirect (Buffalo RV) and to my surprise she said "oh good, you know we can do your warranty work on your Forest River product for you" No, I didn't know that but I sure wished I would have known. Our rig is over the 1 year mark now so no more FR warranty but many of the appliances are covered by longer warranties like the Dometic fridge which is 2 years parts and labor and 3 years on parts.

I would suggest that you call FR and tell them of your horrible experience and ask for alternatives in your area, they may just have the name of a small independent like ours that can do the work and would be happy to have you as a customer.

On your furnace problem, go to Suburban's web site and search for their service centers, it may be a different dealer all together from the FR dealer who can do the work.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #6

Thanks for the reply NWJeeper. Thats a good idea. I will contact FR and also check web for furnace service. I hope my local Ford dealer can fix the dash air. I was just upset because they had plenty of time to work on my coach. And then to tell me I wasn't on the "Board" for service work just kinda got to me. But this will all be okay. The water leak was the only thing that I had to get fixed.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #7

Arky: You have the right idea: A rum and Coke and "A Pirate Looks at 40." Everything will seem a lot better.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:34 PM   #8

I got home ok from a great week-end at the lake. The Capt Morgan and Jimmy Buffett on the party barge was just what we needed to get away from it all. I managed to get the toilet water leak slowed down to a drip, and ran the generator with front roof air while traveling back and forth from the lake. I am going to local Ford dealer tomorrow to see if they will work on the dash air.
Hope everyone had a safe and funn holiday week-end.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:34 AM   #9

ArkyGeorgetown330TS - I have a 2011 Georgetown 350 and my factory chassis A/C did not work. FOrd eventually fixed it. Take a look at my post under Factory Chassis AC not working by blightle. Several people replied with some good information and I included a reply with what the ultimate problem ended up being. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #10

Went to local Ford dealer. The lady in the service dept said they do not work on motorhomes. Went to local AC shop, no luck. Called the dealer I bought from, and they said they are not taking in anymore service work this week, but call next week to see if they could work me in.
Now I have a hydralic fluid leak when I open a slide or use the jacks. I am really not a happy camper right now. I had to cancel my vacation because I could not get anything fixed.
Does anyone know if FR has a service facility near the factory?