Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2017, 10:41 AM   #1

Cool Ice maker

I have a house refrigerator that has quit making ice. It was fine when I parked the MH but now it does not seem to be getting any water. I am getting water everywhere else in the unit and it sounds like it is trying just is dry. Has anyone had this problem or do you know where to check the water supply to the fridge?
Thanks,
Jim Henk
oldhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #2

my home ice maker will quit making ice when the internal filter is old and getting clogged... takes about a year or so... I'm sure somewhere there is a filter in the water line... mine is at the rear of the top shelf... EXPENSIVE...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:08 AM   #3

fridge

Thanks, I have new filters on the internals, but will check the external filter.
oldhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:15 PM   #4

I have a 351ds and when I turn on the ice maker I get a leak in the back and it runs down to the compartment where my water heater is. I shut off the icemaker and buy a bag of ice and keep it in the freezer.
KEliasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:55 PM   #5

Mine freezes up occasionally. I have to turn the refrigerator off for a day and let it thaw and it will start making ice again.
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to SimoRandy
I had this problem in my 369. Found a check valve had popped and reset it. Mine was between the fridge and sink in the lower cabinet. (Blue tubing and white plunger).
Old 01-15-2018, 05:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEliasz View Post
I have a 351ds and when I turn on the ice maker I get a leak in the back and it runs down to the compartment where my water heater is. I shut off the icemaker and buy a bag of ice and keep it in the freezer.
Did you get this problem fixed? I have same problem
shenry4244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:10 PM   #8

I stopped making ice. Turned ice maker off. No more leak. Plus I never use alot if ice. I put a bag of ice in the freezer and I'm good

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 01-17-2018, 08:54 PM   #9
WhoDoMan

My experience is that after each shutdown you need to run the water through the door and bleed off the air. If that does not solve the issue then there are two other suggestions. The easy one is the water filter changing. The latter is the terribly thin refrig plastic supply line is either broken or crimped. The line moves in and out with the slide just under the refrig. After struggling with a broken line 3x’s, I finally replaced the line with a stranded metal jacketed supply line. It did involve pulling the refrig out of its cubby but it did finally solve a constant problem. Good luck! By the way I have a 2014 377 XL.
whoDoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #10

Quote:
same here exactly like you I shot off to
borba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Mine did the same thing. Come to find out the ice maker line was pinched in the back. The way the refrigerator was installed was the installer placed a spacer board behind the refridge and it had come loose and swung down and pinched the water line. Easy fix.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
Mine did the same thing. Come to find out the ice maker line was pinched in the back. The way the refrigerator was installed was the installer placed a spacer board behind the refridge and it had come loose and swung down and pinched the water line. Easy fix.
Yeah I'm not about to pull the fridge out to check. That's a major task in itself. And I rarely use ice. So a bag in the freezer does the job
Old 02-24-2018, 03:01 PM   #13

I know what you mean. I got good at pulling mine. I built a stand to roll it out onto. Made it easy. I really had to pull it 4 times. 1 time to fix the water line to the ice maker, then one time to fix the refrigerator water line that I pinched while pushing it back in then the last time to retrieve my flashlight I left behind the fridge. Haha.
Though it's really not that difficult to do, just a little time. I can pull it out in less than 20 minutes now.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:21 PM   #14

I had the same problem this week. I did change the filter and I drained about a 1/2 gallon from the fridge water dispenser to bleed the air. After that I still had no ice, I did a little investigation on my residential LG fridge, and there is a test / reset button on the ice maker. I held it for about 3 seconds and it cycled through the dumping process and then immediately filled with water. Problem solved.

I did read that you should shut off the ice maker anytime the pump is not on to avoid problems like this.