Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2016, 06:30 PM   #1

I'm so far behind the times.

I posted earlier on how to hook up a pathfinder 2 satellite system only to see a few mins later that you can buy a HDMI wireless transmitter and receiver on another post. That takes care of not having to run cables, but still not clear if the the cable in port at back of rig is routed to the power antenna plate above the passenger seat on a 2015 XL 377ts. Thanks richard
revflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:08 PM   #2

It is routed to the switch box for the cable/antenna/satellite in the cabinet above the passenger seat.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:00 PM   #3

Sir, Would I take the cable into to the switch and run it to my dish receiver in port then use a HDMI transmitter out to a receiver into one of the tv's HDMI in ports. My dish receiver only has a HDMI out port. Thanks
Old 02-23-2016, 08:27 PM   #4

I think so but can't say for sure. I am still trying to figure out how to run two cables from my portable dish to two different hard wired sat receivers. My Cardinal 5th wheel had two coax inputs in the coward bay and that's how I did it but the Georgetown only has the single coax input back in the electric bay. I know that one goes to the box over the passenger seat because we used the park cable system at our first campground a couple of weeks ago and I had to put the switch on the box in the cable position to get the tv's to work. So if you hook a sat dish up to that connection then you would select sat position on the box.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by revflyer View Post
Sir, Would I take the cable into to the switch and run it to my dish receiver in port then use a HDMI transmitter out to a receiver into one of the tv's HDMI in ports. My dish receiver only has a HDMI out port. Thanks

If you are using a ground dish or tailgater connect dish coax into outside compartment where shore power is ( cable in ) then inside take cable connection out of switch box and connect straight to dish receiver
Then from dish receiver you can hook up a wireless HDMI transmitter and put the wireless HDMI receiver on whichever TV you want to hope this helps

2014 Georgetown XL 378
kgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #6

Kgreen is right on with the hookup! Did the same with my tailgater and dish receiver with a wireless HDMI transmitter on the dish receiver and hdmi receiver on tv.works great!
conddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:18 PM   #7

Thanks everyone, have order the Actiontec from Amazon. Will post again when I get it. Now on to getting the sound thru the over head speakers, can get sound out of the subwoofer but not out of the overhead speakers.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:18 AM   #8

I faced the same issue with my 2011 Georgetown 327DS and installed an A-B switch on the coax from the rear of the rv. The rear coax goes to the common port, A goes to the switchbox and B goes to the satellite box. When we're in a park with cable, the signal from the rear jack goes to the switchbox wnd when we're staying somewhere an using the carry out satellite dish, the rear jack cable goes to the power injector then on to the satellite receiver.

The A-B switch avoids having to change cables in the overhead compartment and allows using the single input cable from the rear of the rv for either purpose.

Before I purchased the wireless HDMI equipment, I took the video output from the satellite box, ran it through an RF modulator, then through the switchbox's AUX input to feed a signal to the televisions.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote