Old 04-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #1

Question Info on Slide Construction in Motorhome

I am looking at putting some additional lighting in the kitchen slide in our 2011 378. The stove and a good deal of the counter is in the dark and not illuminated by the Microwave light or the small under cabinet light.

I have purchased 2 flush mount recessed pot lights (the same as in the bedroom ceiling) and want to recess the lights in front of the microwave. The problem is running the wiring in the celiling of the slide.

With all that said does anyone know if there is a metal or wood frame work inside the main slide ceiling. Have tried to use my stud finder and it indicates a frame of some type but the stud finder readings are so poor in this application that I don't know if they are to be belived. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
Tim & Lisa Trempert

When I put my slide in I can reach up on top and feel some nails and screws coming through. I'm guessing it's just a topper board.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
I am looking at putting some additional lighting in the kitchen slide in our 2011 378. The stove and a good deal of the counter is in the dark and not illuminated by the Microwave light or the small under cabinet light.

I have purchased 2 flush mount recessed pot lights (the same as in the bedroom ceiling) and want to recess the lights in front of the microwave. The problem is running the wiring in the celiling of the slide.

With all that said does anyone know if there is a metal or wood frame work inside the main slide ceiling. Have tried to use my stud finder and it indicates a frame of some type but the stud finder readings are so poor in this application that I don't know if they are to be belived. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Please post the pictures on how you did it.
Thanks

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #4

It appears that I can't recess pot lights in the slide ceiling. As a thought I ran a magnet across the slide ceiling and what do you know, it will stick to the ceiling anywhere the cabinets and Microwave attaches and about 8 inches out. Sure won't be snaking a 12 volt wire through that, now to plan B, when I figure out what plan B is I will post some pictures.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Take a look at this thread.

2 mods to our 2010 378TS

I plan do something like this when I find the right light.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote