Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #1

Inside Light Bulbs LED

I want to upgrade the inside 12v bulbs to LED, but the coach is at the campsite over an hour away.

Could someone please let me know what model number they are.

I just want to change the oval ones with the switch in the middle. I believe there are two in the living room, one in the hallway between the bunks and the bathroom, and one in the master bedroom.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #2

There are several types of ceiling lamps in the Georgetown. I have replaced all my interior lights with LED. The light fixture I think you are describing uses a T-10 or #194 push in style bulb. A typical one of these on ebay can be seen searching for auction # 170949343181 Other auction listings may have better pricing, this is just an example.

For this type, you want to get an LED bulb replacement that has a bridge rectifier (the small black square) on the back side of the LED circuit board. This makes the LED module polarity independent. LED modules without a bridge rectifier may need to have the light fixture wires reversed, as LEDs unlike light bulbs, are polarity dependent.

The other factors to consider are how many lumens (brightness) you want. This is determined by the number and size of individual LEDs installed on the circuit board. The remaining consideration is whether to purchase warm white (3500 degrees, more like a light bulb color), or bright white (6000 degrees, more bluish color).

Hope this helps
Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:39 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply Cornelius. This isn't my first rodeo with diodes, but didn't know they were making them with that option. I have bought the regular ones before and just check polarity with a DMM.

I like the other lights in the GT. The push in type have a nice color, but do not like the oval ones since they are yellowish. I forgot there is another one over the dining table, and one in the bathroom.

Tags
led, light