Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #1

Installing larger grey tank????

We are shopping for a class A and love the Georgetown 350TS. A major drawback is on 41 gallons of grey. I know there are weight concerns, but has anyone ever upgraded to a larger tank???? Is there even room for a larger tank????
mr.ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:28 PM   #2

Well speaking for our Georgetown 378, having been underneath it, they cram stuff pretty tight up in there. The tanks are also enclosed inside of one of the rotocast compartments like they use for the storage which is also above the gas tank so I just don't see it as feasible. I think you will find 40 gal to be standard for both grey and black throughout the industry for most motorhomes unless you really move up to the big boys. As for our Georgetown they plumbed the bathroom sink to the black water to help a bit. I have never seen it as an issue. I replace the sewer cap with the type that has a hose bib on it and carry a length of old garden hose with me so that I can empty the gray water if I need to. Only really becomes an issue if we are dry camping for a long period of time. We have gone for up to 10 days dry camping without problems having to dump and were about out of water anyway by that time so it was time to move on.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

On our 370 there are two black and two grey water tanks. I don't believe any to be 41 gallons. Combined they most likely equal that 41 gallons for each color so to speak. As for adding anything I don't see any place where I could add or change.
The blue tote-alongs may be the only option if you want additional greay water capacity but, I don't think I'd want to go that way for additional black water use. Transferring waste from the holding tank to that would require watching to avoid overflow. Not a pretty sight!!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote