Old 08-09-2016, 04:06 PM   #1

Installing satellite on 364TS...

I know this has been discussed in many different places. I have a couple of quick questions though that I can not find specifically addressed any where else.

Using the satellite prewire access on the roof of the 364TS seems straight forward. However our Dish Receiver only has HDMI out...the coach is wired with Coax.

How have you solved this problem? Ideally we would love it to show on all TVs. Worse case we would be satisfied with the just the main TV.

Any thoughts are appreciated. I have attached the wiring diagram for the 364TS provided by Georgetown.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Coax prints 3-30-16.pdf (301.8 KB, 117 views)

Old 08-09-2016, 05:52 PM   #2

Two ways I can think of right off hand would be #1 buy an HDMI to coaxial modulator/converter or #2 buy an HDMI wireless transmitter made for two TV's.
I bought an HDMI wireless transmitter for my TV's and they work great. Easy setup.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:09 PM   #3

Thanks for the ideas. I appreciate it.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:39 PM   #4

The coax is for the satellite or antenna only, which runs to the TV in the kitchen, you should utilize that coax for the satellite and put the receiver behind the TV, then HDMI out to the TV. You can run a second receiver to the rear as I did using the coax, had to disconnect from a splitter in the bottom rear bedroom cabinets to get the signal, I also lost OTA antenna but thats ok since we get our locals on Dish within 4 hour drive.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:28 PM   #5

We ended up getting an HDMI splitter, and 2 different HDMI transmitter/receivers to power the front and rear TV's in our 351. We couldn't find an HDMI transmitter with an extra receiver, and to buy an extra receiver was almost as much as a whole system, so for ease we just went that way. works awesome.

This was the splitter we used - there are quite a few out there.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the transmitter we used - I liked this company- we had an issue with the first one we ordered and they replaced it under warranty after about 10 months of use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both the splitter and the transmitter/receivers are powered, so we had to get a power strip to put up with the DISH receiver in our cabinet.

Good luck!!
Garren
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:55 PM   #6

Both Dish and DirecTV use coax connections between the antenna/dish and the receiver, even for HD. DirecTV needs an additional 12v wire to aim the antenna, Dish supplies the aiming through the single coax.

From the receiver, you can use coax or HDMI cables from the receiver to the TV. If you have a newer flat screen TV, then HDMI would give you the best signal and you will have a sharper picture. If you have one of those older tube TV's, then you will be stuck using coax from the receiver to the TV.

Then your challenge comes with handling the TV in the bedroom. If you want the satellite signal to go back to the bedroom you are looking at a whole new set of different problems, and the solutions could be many.

I am just contented with satellite on the main TV and OTA on the bedroom TV.

I just looked at your wiring diagram. With the video switch box, you will not get HD signals to the TV. I ran into this exact problem with my last coach. To get the best picture, I ran an HDMI cable directly from the receiver to the TV, bypassing the video switch box. Then, I plugged the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on the TV. Then, using the "source" function on your remote, I could switch back & forth between the video switch box with it's coax input and HDMI. The only problem was that I had to use the TV's speakers with the HDMI, which, thank goodness, wasn't that bad.

2016 Sunseeker 3050DS towing 2006 Hummer H3

WayneLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:14 AM   #7

Great suggestions...sincerely appreciate...think we are going to explore the wireless HDMI option first.

Then if that does not provide the expected results we will consider running HDMI directly to the TVs.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:18 AM   #8

Installing satellite on 364TS...

Willwoods good morning.
I found this HDMI transmitter on Amazon.com.
Nyrius WS54 model Wireless HDMI transmitter with 2 receivers for $230.
It should do the job easily. Just read up on it to make sure.
Let use know what you did and how it worked.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:52 PM   #9

I did both...I have wireless HDMI receive transmitter - I believe ActionTec makes it. It works good when it wants to work - I am forever having to unplug to reset or unplug the HDMI to make it think I really have a signal. But it does look good. This was for my mid-ship TV over the sink. For my other TVs, I use an RCA to COAX converter. This plays nicely for my outside viewing needs. Not so much on the back TV - it's kind of snow - loss of signal. But your wiring diagram clued me into the splitter...I will by-pass the bunks - the kids only watch DVDs anyways. Keep in mind the COAX doesn't do HiDef but that's ok for my other TVs.

The issue I had with the Sat prep is that it didn't work for me. I pulled the cover off up top, plug'd in and then never could get a signal using the SAT cable...and I still don't know why unless I lost / degraded the signal with whatever that is that is called the Sat Prep on the diagram. My Dish sat is self powered by the 18v through the cable. I have had problems on longer runs of cable when coming through the PARK CABLE connection in the back of the rig.

To that point I have my installed Sat running a temporary line to the back down the ladder and over the Park Sat...This is just long enough to degrade the signal causing a low signal reception.

I have my rig in for warranty service items and I have asked the Techs to go figure it out. I never thought to pull the center panel and remove that box...its not needed for my application.

Let us know what you end up doing - I am sure many of us besides me are curious.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:15 PM   #10

Think simple i purchased a 211z sat. box for about 100 bucks. Its the box most recommend for traveling. It accepts the cable and has several different types of outputs. If you are wired to get over the air in your two front tv's. It will feed dish to both. I chose not to use the roof mount, but use a portable antenna. Installed a antenna feed to the rear tv. My wife can watch what she wants and so can i. Takes 2 receivers

Tags
satellite